Recommendations for build table? | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Recommendations for build table?

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
About 30 years ago I took apart an old upright piano that had a broken harp. I still have a lot of that wood. The top was maple that was harder than a wh@r#s heart. The only thing I have used the top for is to make a base plug in a powder horn. Finally had to use a double cut bastard to finish shaping it. Maby Keith could use it in making an instrument. If he did he would probally wind up cussing me under his breath, or maby out loud. Inside the piano was written in pencil where it had been tuned in 1921.
Bob

WDfrmTN

Wannabe said:
The top was maple that was harder than a wh@r#s heart.
Bob
I'm thinking rock maple on this one, judging from appearance through the dirt and sheer weight of the blasted thing. It's still heavy as all get out with the steel removed. Planning on running my shop with a live shaft and belts - it should make some good bearings, for sure.

WDfrmTN

Kayak Jack said:
Oughta make a musical canoe, Bill. We would hear you like a steam calliope, coming round the bend. Get together with Piper San on his "Heel'nd Pipes", and you two could make enough noise to be a river quartet! Folks would be diving for cover for miles around.
I wouldn't be able to lift the thing to load it!

swamprat

Aug 28, 2003
Venus Fl.
members.findmoore.net
I've used about the same as everybody else. 2 sheets of cheap plywood cut in half for a 2X16 table I used cinder blocks to hold it all up and level
0_0_8c4af246239a8f267b24ddd8ae9b830d_1