Reelfoot and Natchez Trace state parks in TN | SouthernPaddler.com

Reelfoot and Natchez Trace state parks in TN

Scooter

Haven't posted in awhile, but after a particularly stressful day at work, had to hunt down my pics from Reelfoot Lake and Maple Creek Lake at Natchez Trace State park.

Reelfoot is in northwestern TN and NTSP is on I-40 between Jackson and Nashville.

One pic here for instant gratification, the others available at the link. Enjoy.
http://www.truckwithaheart.com/water.htm
grassyisland.JPG

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Ahhhhh! Cypress trees and water lillies--- makes me feel like grabbing the old flyrod and chunkin that popping bug amoungst all that fine looking cover.

Joey

tw541

Feb 18, 2008
Mountain Home, Arkansas
I can't tell you how homesick those pictures make me feel. Arizona is beautiful in it's own right, but those pictures make me want to be back home. Things like being able to take my pirogue out after getting home from work were special, and I think I took them for granted.

rhutchinson

Jan 18, 2008
Middle Tn.
Thanks for the pics. I've lived in middle Tn. for 20 years and never been to either lake. Shame on me. I'm definatly going to remedy the situation!
I've heard a lot about Reelfoot, but I didn't realize she looked like that!!!

Richard

Lee Schneidermann

Dec 6, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
A Screamin' Eagle responds

Been there, done that.

My roomy ate the crickets I'd gathered for bait from the "range" we were at the day before. His last name was "Mc Coy" (for real) and he was from rural Tennessee.
The area is worth the effort to go and visit. My last contact has divorced, so I can't give you a name to get hold of to reliably go in and have a good time. But if you do a little research, I think you'll enjoy yourself.

Lee

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
That just does it for me Scoot! I'm gonna get there!!! Now you gone and lit my fire!!! How's the camping around Reelfoot?

Scooter

IIRC, the park has two campgrounds, one with elect/water and the other without. There may be others in the area, I don't know. Wasn't too crowded in early May when I was there, probably 12-18 camping spots left in the larger campground but the lakeside sites were all taken.

There are many places in/around the lake to get away from people. I liked that.

Here's TN state parks website: http://www.state.tn.us/environment/parks/

gflippin

Feb 12, 2010
I've never paddled at Reelfoot, but I've been to several of the lakes at Natchez Trace. We're in the process of building an Uncle John's piroque with the 1st thru 6th grade boys at church. We plan to take the boat with us on our spring campout, possibly Natchez Trace.

Greg