Rendezvous 2012 | SouthernPaddler.com

Rendezvous 2012

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Another successful Rendezvous today, in Baton Rouge, La. Our own Loafer put together a great event in a really nice location. The get-together was held at Waddil Wildlife Management Area in North Baton Rouge. The site boasts a meeting hall, large covered pavillion, pistol range, airgun range, archery range and two large fish ponds.

There were the regulars, some with wives and friends, and a local boat builder Marlon Mendoza. Marlon brought along a cedar strip canoe and his painted and varnished luan pirogue ( no epoxy on this one, folks).

100_1262.jpg

100_1263.jpg

Beekeeper brought his newest one-off creation. I took it for a spin in one of the ponds. Paddled and handled great.

100_1264.jpg

There was a lot of good conversation...............probably the best part of the whole event.

100_1260.jpg

100_1259.jpg

I'll let some of the others chime in.

Joey

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
What a great time. Thanks to everybody and ditto to all Jory said.
Only had time to snap a couple pictures. Hope others will post theirs.

My grandson having a good time in his sister's boat.
Rendezvouse003.jpg

Had the expert evaluate it.
Rendezvouse013.jpg

beekeeper

islandpiper

Ditto. We had fun. I think the ladies enjoyed it as much as the men, as they all sat and chit-chatted the whole time.

Lots to do at that site, no doubt about it.

I'll get pics up as soon as i can get the puter, the camera, the cable and a chair without a cat in it all in the same spot.

piper

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Gay and I just walked in the door . I still can't beleive I did not bring my camera. Waddill is a neat place. I havn't saw anything like that in Texas. What a great place. We had a great time and the foof was Very Good. I can't remember what Jack called his chicken stuff in the crokpot, but I call it Very good. He is one of those crock pot genuis. Piper had his books there. If ya'll have not ordered Pipers books you need to do so. There are some great recipes in there and it is a fun read.
After we broke up and went our seperate ways we went back to our room and I started reading pipers new book. After a while I started geeting very sleepy. Way too late to be taking a nap and I knew if I kept on reading it would be nap time. I was just on the other side of Hwy.12 from The Bass Pro Shop so over there I went. What a grand time I had. I found my favorite Brem baits that I have not been avle to find in years. They had 4 of them left and I bought them all. Picked up a few hooks, fly line and backing. I saw a couple of pirouges that Keith and Seedtick make.
I was great to visit with old friends and make a few new ones. Loafer sure chose a good spot to have it. I like that place. Next year I'll bring an air rifle.
Bob

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Piper sez "Here's the group photo that the Homeland Security is waiting for." I apologize for not making it down there. My face would have broken the camera and the evidence would not exist. :mrgreen:
Great people make for a great time

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
BEARS BUDDY said:
Piper sez "Here's the group photo that the Homeland Security is waiting for." I apologize for not making it down there. My face would have broken the camera and the evidence would not exist. :mrgreen:
Great people make for a great time

Sure do wish you could have been there. I did learn something new. There is a thang up Nawth called a Thimble berry. I had never heard of one. Mary (Jack's sweetie and she is a sweet lady) had a jar of Thimbleberry jam that is quite good. Gay really likes it. Just when I think I know everything :roll: I learn something new.
I hope everything is going good with ya'll.
Bob

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I got home a couple of days ago. Been unpacking and resting up since. Really good trip. I'd told Mary a lot about you guys :wink: , and you didn't disappoint at all.

Loafer - thanks for setting up the Rendezvous.
Geezers and geezerettes - thanks for the friendship and companionship (and the food too!).
God - thanks for the good weather (but you kinda messed up in Dallas-Fort Worth area later on.)