Replacement Taillights etc | SouthernPaddler.com

Replacement Taillights etc

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
islandpiper said:
Cash for Clunkers, Jack. I'll give you $4500 for that Subaru right now.

Actually the Cash For Clunkers program is not new. For years we've been sending our cast to Wash. DC and all we have to show for it is a gub'mint full of CLUNKERS.

piper
No argument here.

mike

Jun 29, 2009
TEXAS!
Try eBay. I needed a right rear for my Thunderbird and got both right and left, brand-new take-offs for less than $200. Still have the left in the garage just in case. Got a single for the boy's Grand Prix for a good price, too.

Mike

JEM

Careful with some of the ebay auctions and discount parts providers. I had a power window control switch assembly go bad on my Nissan and didn't want to spend $119 at the dealer for a new one. Napa didn't sell that assembly. So I found one online for $40. Well that $40 part lasted about 7 months. Got the one from the dealer and it's been for a couple years now.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I don't like e bay because of the spammers trying to get information out of you about your account with them.
I DO NOT have an account with them but am getting emails all the time about needing to upgrade my information with them. Or they want to verify my account information since someone else is using it.
There is a Rat in the woodpile when that happens. How do you verify or upgrade an account that does not exist. :roll:

Chuck.

mike

Jun 29, 2009
TEXAS!
Jack, since January 2005, I've made 82 eBay purchases. All except 1 went very well. Paypal refunded my money on the single bad deal.

Chuck, eBay has nothing to do with the spammers. In fact, eBay would like nothing better than to make them all go away.

Mike

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I DO hear good things about Pay Pal, though I was suspicious of them at first. Both e-Bay and Amazon are on my "Not quite to be trusted yet" list. I will take your comments into account, Mike, thanks; I appreciate it.

As an official geezer (may have honorary emeritus standing any day now) I am a bit slow to bite on some deals. Quick on others. I have had excellent experience with http://www.ABEbooks.com buying books of all kinds. They come in from all over the world - as advertised or better.

JEM

I've found ebay in general to be a great experience. They have their share of crap but that's because anyone can sell on ebay. So you do have to have some idea of what you want and buy from sellers who have good ratings from previous buyers.

I've had 2 bad experiences but the 1st the seller took the product back and gave me a refund. The other the jerk wouldn't but paypal refunded me. The good thing is that I was able to post negative feedback against the guy that lied about his product and wouldn't give a refund or even take the product back. That hurts him because it warns others. It's not fool proof but it helps a bunch.

I like paypal very much because of their buyer protection. My dad just discovered paypal and ebay and loves it.

The switch assembly I bought wasn't from an ebay seller but it was still junk. :roll:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
oldsparkey said:
I don't like e bay because of the spammers trying to get information out of you about your account with them.
Mister High Sheriff,

That aint spammers. It iz worse..........pfishermen. They dont have nuthin' ta do with ebay, Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, Citibank, Mastercard, etc. They jest want ya ta give 'em yer social security number, yer bank account number, yer credit card number, yer birthday, yer mommas name before she married, where ya wuz born, yada, yada, yada. They aim ta steal yer name 'n charge a heap a stuff ta ya, mebbe drawn out all yer money frum the bank. [Ya quit usin' them Mason jars 'n put it in the bank like we tole ya, rite? [grin]

They scare ole folks by tellin' how some crook haz begun ta steal their dough 'n chargin' stuff on their cards. While the ole folks iz bewildered, they tell 'em they aim ta help, but first gotta make sho they are dealin' with the rite fella.....so give 'em all that info jest ta be safe. Then they kin use it with a false pretense. Sad that folks fall fer this trick everday....on the phone 'er on the computer.

Spammers worry the snot outta ya. Pfishermen mean ta steal your credit 'n yer dough.

regards
bearridge

ps We aint had any truble with ebay 'er pay pal....'er Amazon.

Manifest plainness,
Embrace simplicity,
Reduce selfishness,
Have few desires. Lao-tzu