May 24, 2008
lakside village, texas
I've often been asked, "What do you older people
do now that you're retired?"

Well, I have a friend who has a chemistry
background and one of the things
we enjoy most is turning beer, bourbon, scotch,
gin, vodka, and wine into urine.

And, by golly, we're pretty damn good at it!!

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I "retired" the first time a bit over 27 years ago. As I walked into the personnel office, a little twit behind a desk smiled at me and said, "You know, the average retiree only lives five years."

I told her to go to hell. "I'm retiring TO something, not from something. I have a hell of a future out there." and left the building. Never looked back.

Keep on keeping on.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Jack...
They say when a Cop retires he is expected to live two (2) years , National average.
Mainly because he is going from a stressful job to nothing. Don't kid yourself , there is a lot of stress in drinking all that coffee and eating all those doughnuts while on duty. :p

Man my clock is running slow , July 08 ( this year :D ) will be 10 years and I'm just getting started and getting better at it every year. :lol:

Chuck.

tw541

Feb 18, 2008
Mountain Home, Arkansas
I really think I could get a lot more done if I didn't have a real job. It interferes with a lot of things I want to do. I can retire in 719 days, but I'm not really counting.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Az that great buzzard up on the bluff sez "I slept, therefore I fergot", but I jest discovered how retired life iz the fast lane......like in that movie with Kenanu when that bus had ta keep goin' fast so it dont blow up. I jest dont git it. A one legged man in a butt kickin' contest dont come no where close ta tellin' how bad it iz.

The High Sheriff tole me it wuz gwine ta be slow 'n eazy.....hustlin' ole prunes outta there dope on the shuffleboard court. He may sniff glue with the best of 'em, but he dont know squat bout retirement. Cops figger retirement iz Dunkin' Donuts 24/7. Hmmm......they figger that iz their job description too?

Okay.....got any ex-lawyer jokes? :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

He was a hard-headed man,
he was brutally handsome, and she was terminally pretty.
She held him up, and he held her for ransom, in the heart
of the cold, cold city.
He had a nasty reputation as a cruel dude;
they said he was ruthless, they said he was crude.
They had one thing in common, they were good in bed.
She'd say, 'Faster, faster. The lights are turnin' red."
Life in the fast lane
Surely make you lose your mind.....
[one or more of the Eagles]

Commodore

Dec 13, 2003
Melbourne Beach, Fl
From my first day of work I was looking for retirement. I now have thirty years of retirement and I have never regretted any of it. Life is too short to spend it away from home or your hobbies. God bless early retirees. Commodore