Rimfire Fun | SouthernPaddler.com

Rimfire Fun

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Since retiring about 6+ years ago, I haven’t been able to paddle much because of family situation and arthritis in knees pretty painful.... anyway I got back into another hobby I always loved.... shooting, especially rimfire shooting. I have several rimfire firearms and recently came upon a gem. The Rossi RS22 rimfire 22 semi. I bought one on sale at RK Gun Barn (RK Farm Store) back in May on sale for an amazing 99 bucks! The thing has not had one hiccup at the range so far. It’s accurate with some sweet adjustable sights. If you search the RS22 on you tube it has some great critiques. I liked it so much, I don’t know why but I purchased a second one on sale.
Comes with a ten round mag, I bought a spare mag from Gun Mag Warehouse in Florida. It uses a Mossberg 702T mag and works very well. If your looking for fun, varmit extermination, or Squirrel in the Dutch Oven... this will take care of it!

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Dang oldyacker sorry to hear about the Arthur thing. Was wondering what happened to you. Haddent seen you post in a while. I hadn't been on here either.

Reactions: oldyaker

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Nice to touch base again with ya Catfish! I pray that dang hurrycane don’t have much effect on ya.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
22's are fun. Glad to see you back Oldyaker it just seams right that you are posting on here gain. :)

Many years ago before this area grew up and got over populated there was a city dump at the edge of town. The place was full of Rats and even in daylight they would be running around. A buddy and I would go there with 22's and do some wing shooting at the running Rats. It took some practice but we got pretty good at hitting the moving ones , those sitting still never had a chance.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
At a dump near here, I was shooting rats. After about a half hour, I climbed up onto an old step stool soeone had cast adide there. As I had looked around me, several rats were closing in on my position - sneak attacks. The .22 busted up the attack.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Gun Control.... I been around over seven decades like a good many of us are on this forum. We seen a lot of changes over the years. I remember in high school during hunting season, one of us would borrow the car and in the morning throw our hunting coats, hats, and shotguns in the trunk. We would hunt until dark after school. The teachers even knew we had our hunting coats and shotguns in the trunk in the parking lot. We had shop class last class of the day and the shop teacher would try to let us slip out a few moments early to get a jump into the woods. In all that time those years ago.... NO ONE EVER THOUGHT ABOUT SHOOTING ANYONE!!! So now they blame the gun not the individual for the crime. Cars ain’t banned when a drunk kills a family of five. You can see how well drug laws are working. Following is a great article I found about gun control. I think it says a lot about society today. Enjoy....
https://www.intellectualtakeout.org...oebuck-catalogue-teaches-us-about-gun-control

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Here also. During hunting season you could make a bet that most of the vehicle had firearms in them and win every time. Besides the students the teachers vehicles also.
Something else , I would say about 98% of the guys in 9th and above grades had a pocket knife of some sort on them. One form of transportation I had was a motorcycle. During Dove season I would strap a leather scabbard ( made for a 30-30 ) on the one saddle bag , shove a 20 Ga L.C. Smith double in it and run in town. Stop at the hardware store and get a couple boxes of shells and then hit the dove field. No one thought a dam thing about it except to ask if i got any Doves.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
My dog would get so excited whenever I took out my shotgun, that I waited until I got home, and was ready to walk across the road and commence hunting. Then - I got out the gun. Tippy would dance around, snort to clear her nose, and run to the door.
God, I miss her.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Yea man how times or the idiots and society. Has changed. Took my guns to school in trucks on Fridays and went to my cousins house to camp and hunt. They would throw you under jail now. Sad

Reactions: oldyaker