Sandwiches | SouthernPaddler.com

Sandwiches

wishbone

Oct 28, 2006
Northumberland, PA
What is everybody's favorite sandwich?

Mine is bologna and cheese on a toasted, buttered bagel with mustard. I used to use toasted English muffins instead of bagels and those are very good too! Bagels travel wll in a backpack and spam can be substitued for balogna in a pinch.

wishbone

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
When paddling down here and it is hot, the one I like is something folks turn there nose up at until they try one.

Pitta bread with a good amount of pea nut butter in it and then put in a good helping of the chopped green olives , smoosh them around on the pea nut butter and enjoy. :D

Chuck.

wishbone

Oct 28, 2006
Northumberland, PA
I've had plenty of P on P or peanut butter on a pita. Tortillas too or P on T, but I haven't tried olives yet. Green olives are salty and might just work with the PB. humm...

BLT's are great too, but I gotta have mine on toast. None of that Miracle Whip either. Only Hellman's mayo which is Best Foods in some parts.

wishbone

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
wishbone said:
I've had plenty of P on P or peanut butter on a pita. Tortillas too or P on T, but I haven't tried olives yet. Green olives are salty and might just work with the PB. humm...

wishbone

When it is hot and you are doing a lot of sweating, you want something with some salt in it and the olives provide that. The Peanut butter has the protein and the pitta gives you some bread.

All three are easy to pack and will not spoil on a week long trip. It makes a good shore side lunch or snack when paddling especially with a large travel bottle of water or a cold Coke. When it is hot I would rather have the water and save the coke for camp.
Not that I have ever refused a cold coke during the day out paddling , No Sir , No Way , Hand that sucker over here. :lol:

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
There are three classic sandwiches in the world:

1. PB&J
2. BLT
3. Hamburger

Take yer pick.

Jack

Ya forgot the number ONE..........

Two slabs of bread ...... smear on some peanut butter, slice up a banana and put it on there, add some Miracle Whip Salad Dressing (What we southerners call Mayo) and a few chunks of lettuce........ Slap it together and ENJOY.........

Makes one darn good breakfast sandwich.......... Now if you have the Sunday funnies to read while enjoying the sandwich, all the better and if you are laying on the living room carpet while reading an eating, all the better. (Look out the nanners like to try to escape and fall on the carpet)
Life iz good.

Chuck.