Sea Runner '17 | SouthernPaddler.com

Sea Runner '17

draino

Jan 27, 2004
St. Clair Shores, MI.
Its been 15 years since I've been on Clinton River"spent my teen years living across the street from it" 2 weekends ago I picked up a used Sea Runner Kayak its 17 feet. I have never been in a kayak before so the experience was new to me. First let me say I paddled further in four hours than I had ever paddled on the river, this boat just goes and goes. The current was quite strong in the upper reaches about the last 3rd of the trip,but I did reach my destination.

Oh get this, I'm rounding the last corner to my turnaround point and I see this guy in the water ,hes about chest deep and pulling some kind of boat back to the landing, its a rowing shell and its upsidedown ,bought the kit from chesapeake light craft and put it together. As I was rounding the corner towards this landing the wind had picked up quite a bit from being in a open area. His buddy is in the truck changing clothes, seems the clother changer had lost an ore and reached too far to get it,he had a little too much confidence in the small outriggers that he had attached and a swimmin he went ,said he went under twice before getting hold of the boat. Lucky ta say he seemed ok afterwards. the boat also had the rear compartment flooded when they were pulling it out.

Happily to say, the Sea Runner is a fine boat, I never felt tippy, and as i paddled there is little course deviatation, I will be in the waves soon for more testing down at the local beach . Draino

draino

Jan 27, 2004
St. Clair Shores, MI.
Ya know I've followed when others were learning to post pictures and just havnt done it yet. I'll have to get on that. I think the information was given on the boat bragging board. Draino

A

Anonymous

Friend draino,

Me 'n computer pichurs jest like me 'n the combustin' engine. :cry: Pirogue showed me a eazy way. He jest tole how ya click the www thing down at the bottom of hiz posts. It takes ya ta hiz very own spot where he kin post pichurs. He didnt have ta tell me no more cuz I jest followed the yeller brick road 'n bye 'n bye I had my own pichur spot.

Ya kin click on this 'n fumble round a while till they ask ya ta join up 'n git yerself a free webspot. Start here:

http://community.webshots.com

regards,

bearridge

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
draino

I only have it listed in two sections as the sticky at the top of that area where pictures would be wanted and it is in a lot of other areas but does require some digging around to find it....

Plus if there is a problem then Swampy has volunteered to help anyone if it is needed (as in my case , I just can not get it to do want I want ) to post the pictures. :?

#1........Boat Bragging Board

#2........Trip Reports

#3........ Swampy when nothing else works.......... We do like pictures , with articles , anywhere in the forum.......

Chuck.