Short Lake Trip | SouthernPaddler.com

Short Lake Trip

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Grandson and I had a good paddle from the Bisteneau State Park Landing to the Clark's Bayou Bridge. Had sort of a shore lunch, found out grandson doesn't like sardines. He still gets an A for trying and it was his idea.

100_0002.jpg

100_0006.jpg

No luck fishing:
100_0011.jpg

Did a little exploring and made a pine cone catapult:
100_0015.jpg

100_0012.jpg

100_0022.jpg

100_0020.jpg

Waiting for Maw Maw Bee to pick us up:
100_0024.jpg

beekeeper

mike

Jun 29, 2009
TEXAS!
Good on ya for taking the boy out like that. I remember doing similar things with my grandpa. Those are cherished memories.

Mike

mosportsmen

Jul 29, 2005
Kirksville MO
mosportsmen.com
I am shocked at the lack of sardine appreciation here amongst us. I have enjoyed many a can while outdoor adventuring. Sad day for me. I always though I would like to get together with some of you guys now I have my doubts.

Tom

makenmend

Aug 26, 2009
Longview East TX
I am shocked at the lack of sardine appreciation here amongst us. I have enjoyed many a can while outdoor adventuring. Sad day for me. I always though I would like to get together with some of you guys now I have my doubts.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MM

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
mosportsmen said:

Tom

For myself the preferred lunch snacks and even some of the guys I go with are those delicious little Viennas ( 7 to a can ) with some hot sauce and Ritz Crackers. We do have a reject or two who will actually eat the little canned fish on saltines with a onion slice and hot sauce.

I carry a can of the little fish with me just in case one of those guys forgot there's and would be without a lunch snack , that can has a lot of years ( trips ) and miles on it. :lol:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
oldsparkey said:
Kayak Jack said:
Sardines, on the other hand, while stinky - are actually good for a fellow. (It's how I got to be so good looking)
If I have ever heard an endorsement for not eating sardines this has to be the granddad of all reasons for not eating them. :lol:
OHhhhh - now that hurt, Chuck. :wink: That was cold. (tearing up here, sniffling and whimpering and wailing)

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Sorry about that slip up Jack , to make a mends I am EXPRESS mailing a box of Kleenex to you. Along with that can of Sardines that I have been carrying for the last 20 years , they should be well seasoned by now , just have something between you and them when you open them. :wink:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
... and, along with those ancient sardines, remember to send okra, greee-imz, vieenies, and ohhh - other goodies. (like, maybe syrup of ipecac?) :mrgreen:

Hell, ain't it, the way we treasure our snacks.