shortest tall tales | SouthernPaddler.com

shortest tall tales

islandpiper

Here are some short tall tales, I'll bet you can add to them:

It's OK.....

Nothing to worry about........

I love you........

We're from FEMA and we are here to help you........

I swear, I never saw that scratch on the car.......

Yup, caught our limit every day.....

The florist must have screwed up, so the roses will be here just one day after your birthday......

ADD TO THIS LIST......

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
*It was on fire when I picked it up!

*Check's in the mail....

*Don't call me, I'll call you!

*My tux didn't come back from the cleaners! An old friend came in from out of town! My car ran out of gas....There was a terrible flood.....an earthquake....I swear, it wasn't my fault! :cry:
(Jake Blue from the
movie, Blues Brothers.)

Late reporting for work Monday morning
I was driving in my car at about 3 AM early Friday morning. I was making my way through the great state of Pennsylvania. I began to tire so I stopped at a rest stop in Somerset. As I was walking back to my car, I became a victim of a random act of violence. I was attacked by a group of Quaker Bodybuilding Women. I think that there was five or six of them, I couldn't tell because it was dark and they were beating me down. I managed to knock one of their Quaker hats off before they beat me into submission.

They stuffed me into the trunk of my car. I tried screaming for help but nobody heard me. I'm not sure how long I was in the trunk exactly because they were playing bad rap music really loud. The rap and the strong stench of oatmeal made me pass out.

They left me for dead, dumping me along the road near Moundsville, West Virginia. Fortunately, I was found by a group of Hari Krishnas, who were walking down the road. They took me to their village in the mountains. Here, I was nursed back to health and they tried to convert me. I felt well enough to then catch a bus home. Of course, this wasn't until after I was to be at work this week..... :roll:

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Re: hey oldyaker

islandpiper said:
Man, you started out real good.......then you sort of lost the meaning of SHORT........great story about the Quaker women....oatmeal, that had the ring of truth to it!! :lol:
Piper

Piper! That ain't no story! That really happened to me! Jack taught me to tell the truth, just like Cap'n Merriweather taught him!:? And I ain't never been called short! :roll: