1. The forums software has been upgraded and we are still sorting out its quirks.
    Please relay any problems you encounter. Thanks for your patience!
    Dismiss Notice

Slow Cooker Bacon, Egg & Hashbrown Casserole

Discussion in 'Recipes for Home or Camp' started by oldsparkey, May 19, 2015.

1. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

Slow Cooker Bacon, Egg & Hashbrown Casserole

Ingredients

20 ounce bag frozen, shredded hash browns (I used Trader Joe’s)
    8 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
    8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
    6 green onions, sliced thin
    12 eggs
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    Cooking oil (to lightly coat slow cooker)

Directions

Lightly grease your slow cooker with cooking oil. Layer half of the hash browns into the bottom and top with half the bacon, half the cheese, and one-third of the green onions. Set aside some bacon and green onion for garnish and then repeat with a second layer of hash brown, bacon, cheese and onion.

In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper and slowly pour over top. Cook until eggs are set, approximately 2-3 hours on high, or 4-5 hours on low. Sprinkle remaining bacon and onions on top and serve immediately, with or without hot sauce.

Nutrition Information

Serves: 8 | Serving Size: approx. 6 ounces (approx. 1 cup)

Per serving: Calories: 342; Total Fat: 22g; Saturated Fat: 10g; Monounsaturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 357mg; Sodium: 648mg; Carbohydrate: 14g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 2g; Protein 21g

Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 472mg; Iron: 12%; Vitamin A: 21%; Vitamin C: 14%; Calcium: 27%

[​IMG]

2. Gamecock

Gamecock Well-Known Member

Hey Chuck, that sure looks mighty tasty. You just can't go wrong with breakfast meals. Dave.

3. Wannabe

Wannabe Well-Known Member

Eggs, potato, bacon, and onion. There is no way that combo could not be Good. I'll give this one a try. Thanks Chuck.
    Bob

4. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

BOB...

With it making 8 servings it will be a Holiday Breakfast around here.
    We don't have Two Hungry Texans or Four Hungry Cajuns here at the place , just the wife and myself. :roll:

5. Wannabe

Wannabe Well-Known Member

When my two oldest Grandchildren were living with us on Sunday mornings I would make Camp Fire Eggs and whup up one dozen eggs in it and it would all be gone by one or two o:clock. Those Kids could eat. My grocery bill has shrunk quite a bit after they moved out.
    Bob