Smoked Almonds | SouthernPaddler.com

Smoked Almonds

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Only thing wrong with smoked almonds is, it takes a lot of beer to wash them down. A few months ago, I smoked a bunch of them in my smoker. LOTS of work & wood chips.

Last week, I tossed a couple hands full in a pan, stirred them for a while over low heat to toast and heat them, laid them out on some Saran wrap, and sprinkled on some liquid smoke. As I stirred them around, I sprinkled on some salt too. Stirring them every once in a while aids drying. Make sure they're completely dry before you bag them, or they'll mold.

JARVIS good eatin'!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I picked me up some smoking papers that the hippies use to use for there weed and will have to try then in there. Do I leave then in the shells of without the shells?

Which end do I light?
Do I have to have some weed with them to really make them good , if that is the case then forget it , that junk gives me a splitting headache , can't get anywhere around it. :twisted:

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Folks, you'll have to excuse these two village idiots. They took the inner soles out of their jungle boots - you know, the woven plastic pads that said "Do not boil" on them - and sauteed them for ten minutes before eating.