Snow & Sun | SouthernPaddler.com

Snow & Sun

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
We had a helluva snow storm come through here a few days ago. Some folks will be without power until Friday. But, outside it is BEAUTIFUL! Fresh snow always lays on the trees and land in a most decorative way, softening lines of both branches and hills. A cloudless day today makes it all shine like diamonds.

Good day for rabbit hunting - if I could walk that far, and if I had a beagle again. Knock down a cotton tail, field strip him, slide him into the game pocket of my hunting coat. At home, skin him out, cut him up, and soak him in salt water a day or three. Then - rabbit stew.

When I was a kid, during meat rationing, we ate a lot of wild game. Some of it was in season, too.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Well........I hate to say it. No Snow for us but plenty of Sun.

Winter has left us down here ( we had our three weeks of it ) the sun is shinning and it appears that summer has stepped in and tossed Spring out , might say that Spring has sprung. Back to shorts and short sleeve shirts. The only way a person might guess it is spring is all the pollen in the air , it turns the vehicles into a light yellow color by dusting them with it. Aaa-Chooooooooo , sniffle , sneeze , wheeze ........ :oops:

At night we can have the place open and for a while during the morning then the heat creeps in and around 1 P.M. it is AC weather till the sun goes down. Then back to comfortable weather , mid to upper 50's ( early morning hours) creeping up to the lower to mid 80's during the day. You know it is warming up when after the sun sets the night bugs are chirping and the occasional mosquito dive bombs you.
Only good from it is with a window open and with a fan going a person can lay in bed and listen to the night bugs out there chirping and you don't need one of those fake , white sound/noise , night time sound machines for it. You know the ones with rain , water falls , waves in the surf , wind and night sounds recorded on it.

Have to wait another 10 or 11 months for the cool weather and sometimes cold to return for it's short vacation down here.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Spring thaws are sneaking in around the corners here. Guys making maple syrup like freezing nights and warm days - it makes the sap run heavy.

Small, freak storms sneak in too. I got snowed in at Clio Saturday evening. We went to friends for dinner, and ended up staying for breakfast too. Saturday night, highways were several inches deep in slush that was freezing up. By 10:00 Sunday morning, they were clear.