south of Houston

P3130100.jpg

P3130121.jpg

P3130112.jpg

P3130134.jpg

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
DARN! A guy who actually gets the fire-type stuff ready before he starts burnng matches!

Dreamy country; real dreamy. Sets off thoughts of contemplation. That country's flatter'n pee on a plate. Check your mail; I'll send you a hill or two.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Some great pictures and they sure makes a guy wish he was there enjoying them in person.

A campfire in the evening is what makes camping so much fun and later when you crawl into the sleeping bags the aroma of the fire is there to remind you that relaxation and enjoying the outdoors is so much fun.

There is nothing nicer then a good campsite, some cool weather and the aroma of the campfire to make a person sleep without any worries.

Almost as good as the smell of some bacon frying up in the morning with a pot of coffee brewing ... that just makes a body want to jump out of the sleeping bag.
One aroma to make you relax and one to get you started in the morning.

Chuck

Halili

Feb 15, 2006
Galveston, TX
ha, well I only posted the good looking ones! :D We saw a lot of gators and a flock of those bright pink roseatte spoonbills.

Chuck, another thing I always makes me think of camping is the smell of frying dough. We used to make doughnuts in scouts by deep frying those buscuits that come in a tube.