1. The forums software has been upgraded and we are still sorting out its quirks.
    Please relay any problems you encounter. Thanks for your patience!
    Dismiss Notice

SPRING HAS SPRUNG

Discussion in 'The Geezer Corner Cafe' & Chat Section' started by Kayak Jack, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Kayak Jack

Kayak Jack Well-Known Member

I'm retired - EVERY day is Saturday.

2. Kayak Jack

My plot is about 4' X 8', or 0.000735 acres, give ot take a hectare or two. Do you think just one horse is enough to farm a patch that sized? Or, would two be better? Don't want to over work him. Don't want to be only half done in the field, and have to go back to the barn and harness up 'tuther horse.

We cut a half acre of timber to build that barn!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  3. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

One Billy Goat should do it , they are persistent at persevering under a poultry work load , 0.000735 acres :rolleyes:

4. Kayak Jack

A BILLY GOAT!! I'm smitten. Even a Saint Bernadrd dog would be better. Imagine my chagrin at a goat.

Maybe I could train a team of ground moles?

5. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

But Jack you are not looking at the whole picture.
    With a Goat after you till the land then you feed it some good food for a while. When it gets plesently plump then BBQ the sucker. After all they are related and in the same family that White Tail Deer are in.

6. Wannabe

Wannabe Well-Known Member

and he is fertilizing your garden while fattening up eating your garden. Good idea Chuck.

7. Kayak Jack

Yeah, that's it.

sigh