Sprung Ahead | SouthernPaddler.com

Sprung Ahead

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
After driving into a full-blown summer in Mississippi and Louisiana, and then redriving back into a faltering conversion from winter to spring, we're finally getting more sure signs of spring's arrival here in Michigan. Yesterday morning we were in the high sixties, just kissing the 70's.

We're not up with a summer as advanced as in Louisiana - bull thistles were in SEED! - but, our lawns are a rich, deep green. Our landscape guys are well into spring cleanup, getting leaves and branches up, and off to composting. Flying weather is sneaking back into our forecasts; bike rides are sneaking ack into plans; walking - instead of cross country skiing- is sneaking back into our parks.

After bouncing around much of the CONUS and Pacifica, and returning to my homeland in our Great Lakes area, I find that four seasons still appeal to me. Piper San successfully and happily transplanted to Louisiana; but, I don't. For me, Louisiana is a special place to be held in awe, to be visited and enjoyed, and then to be left to be awaited again. While not quite a magical kingdom, the friends there do make it a treat to imagine and return to. Thanks.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
was i nthe 80,s here yesterday this morning was back to winter? chuck don,t know what your lows are for tonight but supposed to be here around 47 in the morning? :shock: :?:

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
yea last couple of days been a shocker around here strange weather? seen on puter where the missisppi river and alot of other rivers are flooding and states. hard to believe this past summer couldn,t float a barge now its flooded? still out north they still getting snow and have snow waiting to melt and cause more flooding. :?: :shock:

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
The icecream trucks going up and down the street have been playeng Christmas music. The guys driving them were not born here. I said trucks, there is probably only one in this little town.
Bob

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I had a deprived childhood. No ice cream trucks out in the country where I lived. Now that I'm closer to town, there STILL aren't any! I have to drive a couple miles for ice cream. (moaning, wailing, and gnashing of teeth here. rending of clothing, hair and skin too. OUCH! that hurts!)