starting a new project | SouthernPaddler.com

starting a new project

Kurt Loup

Sep 10, 2003
Baton Rouge, LA
www.loup-garou.net
It's been a few years since I built a boat so I am looking forward to the project. I'm building the Chemaunis canoe from Carrying Place Canoe and Boatworks. So far, I have cut out the forms and ripped the strips. This coming weekend, I plan to plane the strips to 3/16" and route the beads and coves. I'll periodically add pictures to my webpage as the construction progresses. If interested, some photos can be found here
http://www.loup-garou.net/chemaunis.html

Kurt

strips-451x600.jpg

paddlin4reds

Oct 17, 2006
Lake Ocklawaha, Fl
Mornin';
Ah, I see you know of this place Kurt. I sent you a link on here on the KFS site. Canoe will be cool, I'm building 01 wood SOT (custom), and 02 pirogues. :oops: but, I'm terrible with pixs. Good to see you.
Paddlin4Reds (a.k.a.) X-fishn

Kurt Loup

Sep 10, 2003
Baton Rouge, LA
www.loup-garou.net
paddlin4reds, I know where you are coming from. I got your previous message, so I decided to post an update on the canoe. I've been following the forum for a few years, but I mostly lurk as I haven't built anything in a while.

Kurt

elmersred-456x459.jpg

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
(PSST, Kurt. That boat looks leaky. Better fix that!)

That stack of sticks sure doesn't look much like a boat - except to those of us who know better. It is absolutely amazing to me to watch the various, geometrical transformation we put wood through. It starts out as several large pieces, we cut them into small chunks, and then reassemble them again into one, hollow piece.