Stick fires | SouthernPaddler.com

Stick fires

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Howdy Boys,

Havin' a good game of cards? I jest come in frum the back forty. All the Southern constellations are shinin' brite. The Dolly Parton stars, the Bear Bryant 'n George Jones wearin' a big knife. The Three Musketeers lite up the background. I had ta burn up some pecan limbs so Miz Bear kin mow.

I sat round a heap a fires lately 'n finally it wuz like that time the Budda sat under the Bo tree. Folks jest move too fast....on water 'n by land. The geezers come close ta movin' slow, but I reckon all campfires are ready fer cookin' bout 3 hours after folks eat. I dont recall ever campin' out 'n cookin' on a fire when it wuz ready. We always cooked when we wuz ready. Ya reckon the barbecue cookin' teams show up a day early 'n fire up their grills jest so the fires are rite when it comes time ta cook?

Lord I wish I had some bone in ribeyes in the ice box.

regards
bearridge

Remember, FDA employees are serious about fear. We pay these people to panic about an iota of rodent hair in our chili, even when the recipe calls for it. FDA employees are first-class agonizers, world champions at losing sleep. When Meryl Streep got hysterical about Alar, they actually checked the apples instead of Meryl's head. P. J. O'Rourke

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Curious,

I jest had ta cook somethin', so I went fer the big, fat, long hot dawgs in the ice box. They sloooooooooooow cooked over the coals fer near bout 20 minutes. I jest ate one with some dippin' mustard 'n jalapeno sauce. Ya'll know the good tastin' corn chips that go with 'em?

That Ball Park frank tasted so good I aim ta slow cook a ribeye tomorrow evenin'. I aim ta camp out. Miz Bear already sez "nope". Women.....I reckon she aims ta run the lawnmower all weekend?

regards
bearridge

Manifest plainness,
Embrace simplicity,
Reduce selfishness,
Have few desires. Lao-tzu

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Sir Neville,

Dont ya'll have slaughter houses? After the slaughterin', whatever falls on the floor iz swept inta a big pile, then they sweep it inta a bucket. They dump the bucket fulla "parts" inta a press that squeezes it all together. Then they pump it inta a "skin" that looks like a cigar. Most of it iz animal parts. That iz the top dollar hot dawg. :wink:

BTW, the way ya'll are slippin', I dont figger ya got any reason ta look down on the frogs no more. [Sorry, I jest come down with the Terrette's syndrome.] :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

your former humble servant
bearridge

Pension: An allowance made to any one without an equivalent. In England it is generally understood to mean pay given to a state hireling for treason to his country. Dr. Samuel Johnson

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Friend bear,

Love ya last quote mate, & the fire sounds loverly. Nict stick fire, coupla rums & gazing at the stars - beautiful.

I reckon ya talking dead straight about the movin too damned fast too.
Ya seem like a man after my own little heart. :D

Enjoy mate & keep safe.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
OK William.........All of your little friends and you get on the bus.......your going deep sea fishing. Give nurse Ratchett the pack of matches please......

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Fellas,

Summer broke in on spring a few days ago. Grass iz tall. 80's. It may be too danged hot ta camp out til next fall? I jest mite take ya'll deep sea fishin'. :mrgreen: :lol: :roll: :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

Chief: My pop was real big. He did like he pleased. That's why everybody worked on him. The last time I seen my father, he was blind and diseased from drinking. And every time he put the bottle to his mouth, he don't suck out of it, it sucks out of him until he shrunk so wrinkled and yellow even the dogs didn't know him.
McMurphy: Killed him, huh?
Chief: I'm not saying they killed him. They just worked on him. The way they're working on you.