Still Here and alive | SouthernPaddler.com

Still Here and alive

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
Howdy folks
Just thought I would get on here and see what was happenin with the bunch of ya's
Well to bring all up to date I am still retireded, been paddlin quite a bit. Made a trip to the Keys to do some paddle, lobster,drinkin. Did great at the first and last, not so with the middle one. But had a great time with old freinds. Val got to go out far enough into the Gulf we didn't see land behind us. She took the freedom and I took the Perow. Then it was off to Punta Gorda to paddle the bay. Did some camping out on a deserted key out side of Port Charlete. Vals first attempt at paddle camping. She said she had a fantastic time. As well she should have. 2 bottles of Ole Number 7 and plenty of mixers. Carried in my boat for safety. Then down the Ocklawaha, I found some new camp areas and will be informin you Chucky of what I found. New area for a trip for about 4 days on the river. Val says Hi to all you guys and she hopes to see ya's soon. I will put a cuple pics up for ya to see her pick of a camp. I let her make the decidin of camps I figure that way if the tide washed us it weren't my fault. She done real good, no water in the tent and plenty fire wood.
[/img]
100_2134.jpg

Made for a real nice camp lots of room to move around
100_2073.jpg

Brought some friends along to enjoy the time. Bruce & Donna Donna's first camp trip on the water too.
100_2080.jpg

Great campfire good food plenty to drink and no job to get back to.
[/img]
100_2029.jpg

Even did a little mangrove paddlin. Had fun each day and didnt have a schedule to meet. Just goof off and enjoy the time. Did need to show back up to get more refreshments. Val just found out she really likes doing this stuff, says she wants to do an overnight here on the Ocklawaha now. That will be fine by me I can't think of any thing that can be better. Unless she could get more stuff in her boat to lighten mine.
Well I will send more as I get it. Off we go on another adventure. Happy Thanksgiving to all of ya's
Joe & Miss Val

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I was wondering if you guys ever made that trip you were telling Mac and myself about. I see that you did and had a fun time which worked out like you were hoping for.
Looking forward to finding out what you located on the Ocklawaha and if you have gotten the other item set up for the river. I know it is not December ... yet... but it is close to being there. :wink:

Chuck.

Paddlin'Gator

Feb 2, 2008
Tequesta, FL
Joe, it sounds like you have been living the retarded life just like you're supposed to :wink:

Where in the Keys did you paddle and camp? Are the new spots you found on the on the Ocklawaha between SR 40 and Eureka or downstream?

Joe

caddepa

Aug 27, 2003
New Jersey
Thanks for taking the time to write your Trip Report and share the photos. It's enough to get a Yankee's travel bug blood boiling. I can see my Jeep heading south, loaded with camping gear and a canoe on top. :idea: I'd rather be picking sugar sand from my toes then shoveling snow :?
John