stomach parasites or iffy water | SouthernPaddler.com

stomach parasites or iffy water

GoodOlBoy

May 12, 2011
Deep East Texas
stomach parasites or iffy water

Let's face it sometimes we just don't have a choice on our water source, and sometimes no matter what we do we wind up with stomach issues due to bad water. Boiling, even exposure to sunlight will only get you so far. The cure?

Cayenne pepper. Keep a container of cayenne pepper with you when boating/camping/office/home. You can dose your water with it before you drink, and you can add it to your food. The capsicum in the cayenne pepper will kill every known parasite that lives in water, and in stomachs. Despite what people think it is good for your stomach, and will not damage ulcerated stomachs. I had this experience a few years back do to our public water supply. After two weeks of hospital visits and tests the doctor finally ruled out everything but stomach parasites from the water. He gave me a choice, I could be prescribed a pill to take three times a day for a week that costs around $9 a pill, or I could go buy a bottle of Cayenne pepper capsules from wal-mart/healthfood store for $4 and take them for two days..... worked like a charm. Back then I didn't eat alot of Cayenne like I down now, just used it rarely for seasoning.

Richard

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
"Iffy" water is the bane of the outback. I haven't tried cayenne pepper, this is the first time I've heard that it will kill bacteria. I use the First Needs water purifier. Filters do a good job of filtering, but they are limited. A purifier first filters the water, then cleans it and runs it through activated charcoal.

I just returned from a trip using a buddy's Pur filter - the water still looked yellow-brown. Water from my First Needs is crystal clear. I like pure water. (I like single malt scotch too, and keep it away from my purifier.)

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Cayenne Pepper... Besides being something a person should like with there food to spice it up , it has a few other benefits........

Taken from........
http://www.cayennepepper.info/

Consider this: cayenne pepper, through the instrumentality of its secondary metabolite capsaicin (pronounced cap-say-sin), is scientifically proven to kill prostate cancer cells, among other fantastic health benefits, and that is just the beginning as to the benefits of this humble, nondescript herb.

Much scientific research has been initiated to validate what naturopathic practitioners have known for years: It can stop heart attacks, nourish the heart with vital nutrients, remove plaque from the arteries, help rebuild flesh destroyed or harmed by frostbite, heal hemorrhoids, re-build stomach tissue, heal stomach ulcers, fortify your overall health, and mitigate the most wrenching of diseases.

cayenne pepper health benefits Continuing, it improves circulation, rebuilds blood cells, lowers cholesterol, emulsifies triglycerides, removes toxins from the bloodstream and improves overall heart health. It's even a great insect repellent.

As mentioned, it can also heal ulcers, which seems contradictory considering its native validity or heat. It immediately equalizes blood pressure in your system, shrinks hemorrhoids, and heals the gall bladder.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Me....... I just like the stuff and use it a lot.

Chuck.

GoodOlBoy

May 12, 2011
Deep East Texas
I have to smile at the heals hemorroids part.... I just wander who gets try try to catch you after its applied.... :D

I use the cayenne after I do boil and filtration on water. Nothing like a little extra layer of good health.

Richard

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
GoodOlBoy said:
I have to smile at the heals hemorroids part.... I just wander who gets try try to catch you after its applied.... :D
Richard

YEP.... I was trying to figure that out and then came to the idea that it works from the inside on dissolving the clot which is causing the problem. ANYWAY ... I sure hope that is the way it works. :wink:

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Richard,
Somewhere in the forum, buried deep in I don't know what section in a thread about bad water. Dave Wallace told of his experience with bad water. Maby some one smarter than I could dredge that post back up or mabe David could re tell it. It made quite an impression on me. Bad water is not fun but it beats no water.
Bob

GoodOlBoy

May 12, 2011
Deep East Texas
If it keeps you alive it's better than dying, but from personal experience it ain't no fun afterwards.

I would like to read Davids story.

Richard