storage for fishing rods | SouthernPaddler.com

storage for fishing rods

nardob

Sep 4, 2017
Anyone, who has a truck, wants to give me suggestions on fishing rod storage/rack? My truck only has a soft tonneau cover and I don't want to just lay my rods in the truck's bed. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
I use PVC pipes capped on one end and a screw lid on the other. They hold ultra light spinning rigs. For my 3wt. fly rod I cut glued and pop rivited two different sized fittings togeather so the reel and a small box of flys and a couple of rolls of tippet fit in the large fitting with a screw lid and that screws onto the 2 inch pipe that holds the rod. Wish I could post a picture. I usually have something behind the truck seat to fish with.
Bob

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I use a length of that flexible dryer duct, and permanently duct tape one end closed. I temporarily duct tape a pared down coffee can cover (cheap, plastic disk type) onto the other end.
PAT PENDING. ;-)

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Like Wannabe said ....PVC pipes in the desired width and length are great rod protectors. Carried rods in boats and the back of a truck that way for years and everything was OK.
If you leave a rod and reel out of the PVC and loose in the back of the truck a old sock over the reel will protect it from any sand or dirt that might be in the back of the truck.

nardob

Sep 4, 2017
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I might use PVC pipes. Will check the web for pictures.