Stuffed Beef Rolls.............. | SouthernPaddler.com

Stuffed Beef Rolls..............

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Guy's

Here is something tasty and good but easy to make on a river trip or at home..... in fact it will be supper tonight.

Pick up some good roast beef from the deli, the bigger the better and about 1/8th inch thick or thicker. Now get some stove top stuffing and a can of mushroom soup, I like the one with the roasted garlic in it.

Make the stuffing, let it cool so you do not burn your fingers later. After it cools down then take the beef and lay a chunk of it down..... take some stuffing and put a glob of it on the beef ... smear it out along the slice of beef and then roll the beef up into a log full of stuffing ..... secure it with some toothpicks. Do this to the rest of the meat slices till they are all rolled up and stuffed?

Since everything is already cooked .......... Now take the mushroom soup and put it in a frying pan and heat it up...... When it is warm add the beef/stuffing rolls to the soup ........ Simmer to get everything nice and warm.

While that is simmering put on a pot of mixed veggies to get hot and while they are getting done mix up a salad and set the table or camping area for supper.

Beef, stuffing rolls, mixed veggies and a good salad for supper. "O" by the way when serving it dump some of the mushroom gravy over the beef rolls.............then just enjoy it..

Chuck.
Ya can do the same with turkey but the slices have to be thicker since the turkey wants to pull apart when you roll it. Make sure you remove the toothpicks when eating this ..... :lol:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
That could be arraigned, the darn things are just as good cold as when they are hot. They make a great snack or stream side lunch, just have to keep them cool.

Since they would be in a cooler then have some Cole slaw with them or cooled down , baked beans , naturally with some moonshine wine. :lol:

Chuck.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
I recon I'll tell of the tortella's ... floured... that I carry....

They last opened and outside for many dyas... quick and good...
wrap anything ya want to eat in em....

Cheap too! ( An Old Geezer thang)
swp

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Swampy is not joking about this .. they are some sort of good ... I use to take beagles but he converted me to the tortellas's.

Now if you are luckey enough to have them with a bunch of KT'S chili in the center .....wow .. some sort of good. :D

KT is Swampys Boss..... Pore gal married him. :roll:

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I switched to flour tortillas a couple three years ago too. Last fall I stumbled into some that are lard & cholesterol free (another geezer thing).

Can of baked beans smeared around on them is good, season with garlic & hot sauce, wash down with yellow sudsy stuff.

JARVIS good eatin'!

Also, lunch is often chucks of chese and smoked oysters or sardines on tortillas, washed down with hot tea formteh thermos.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
For the mid-say snack on the river.. a couple of "tortes" with peanut butter or cheese is quick and good tasting.

Warm them in the skillet and add syrup !

Again, they last over a week on the trial without cooling.
swp