Super Bowl Snackfest | SouthernPaddler.com

Super Bowl Snackfest

JEM

Well our house doens't much care about the teams in the Super Bowl. But we're going to go ahead and eat way too much anyway. On the menu:

-Beer
-Soda
-Shrimp
-Meatballs
-Pigs in blanket
-Teriyaki Wings
-celery and carrot sticks and dip
-Various snack chips
-Beer

All gonna be home-made. I look at buying all the above premade (except the shrimp) and GOOD LORD it's expensive. :shock: Loaded with fat and crap bad for you.

Now making it home-made isn't going to turn it into health food but I'm pretty sure eating 4 of my meatballs won't equal the 33% of daily fat allowance like the store-made ones! Quite a bit cheaper too.

If you're in the neighborhood, knock on the door. You better have brought something for the snack table, though. :wink:

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Super Bowl Sunday......2nd biggest eating day of the year....only beat by Thanksgiving!

Mick, My favorite brand of beer is free beer! :wink:
My Grandad was a tail gunner on a beer truck during prohibition....he made some great home made beer....and too many gallons of wine to count.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Kayak Jack said:
Mick, I didn't know that Yakus Alchoholicus even drank - until one day I saw him sober.

I don't remember that day! Damn! Was I sick or just run out of hooch? :shock:

dawallace45

Matt

I've been making my own beer for 30 years and I've never experienced any problem with smell , actually the only problem with smell and home brew I know of was from a few old fellers lived down the road from a mate of mine , these old buggers , 80+ years old would spend all morning making beer and all the rest of the day it drinking it , they would get that drunk they couldn't even get up to take a P#ss , that was where the smell come from

David

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I made home brew for a year. A Chaplain lived across the street from me; he'd come over and bless each batch. Don and I would drink a few just for .... ... ... come to think of it, we didn't really have any reason.