Super Cheap Canoe / Kayak Trolly | SouthernPaddler.com

Super Cheap Canoe / Kayak Trolly

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend ferret,

What a swell idea! My favorite river haz the worst tote I ever seen....bout a mile. Okay, mebbe a half mile, but it wuz hard even before the AARP got after me. I woulda paid $25 fer one of them....mebbe more. Nuthin' iz too good fer Miz Bear.
540.gif

respectfully
bearridge
bodine school fer science

She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up. unknown high school student

Kayak Jack said:
Imaginative recombination of ingredients from other places, to make something useful in this environment.

Abstract thought process, high order of thinking. IE: John is a very bright lad.

Hi Kayak Jack

Maybe not so bright but being on a very limited budget inspires invention :)

John

paddlin4reds

Oct 17, 2006
Lake Ocklawaha, Fl
Mornin';
Thanks "Ferret", I just broke my wooden "trolley". Think I'll try your idea. Oh by the way. My daughter has 03 of your name sakes...."Zoe", "Zorro", & "Zohar") 02 Sables M&F and a White M, w/black eyes(non-albino).

paddlin4reds said:
Mornin';
Thanks "Ferret", I just broke my wooden "trolley". Think I'll try your idea. Oh by the way. My daughter has 03 of your name sakes...."Zoe", "Zorro", & "Zohar") 02 Sables M&F and a White M, w/black eyes(non-albino).

Hi paddlin4reds

I've got 3 myself. Bear (male ,white, black eyes) Max (male, sable) Minkie (female, sable). You either love them or hate them.

I hope the trolly works for you. I've added a video to my website of the trolly being used to launch my canoe. You can see it at: http://www.johnluck.net/index_canoe.html
The link is with the trolly photos

John

dawallace45 said:
Ferret

Love the idea , I need one , will probably be putting a motor like yours on my MC16.5 some time in the near future , from your clip it looks like it moves your boat along real well

David

Hi David

I does get along well. I ran mine for 3 hours on Monday and there was no noticeable drop in power. I should run the battery flat one day just to see exactly how long I get.

The outriggers are great as well. There is no worry about ending up with the keel pointing at the sky :)

John