Suwannee Trip Pictures #1 | SouthernPaddler.com

Suwannee Trip Pictures #1

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I like to post a trip report as soon as I get back and I decided to make this a different type of report , for all of the geezers out there, Mostley pictures. :D

When Mac and I arrived at the fish camp we were wondering how we would locate John since we have not seen him in two years but he had a canoe on this vehicle and a 19 foot sailboat with him so it should be easy. Then we spotted this guy with a southernpaddler "T" shirt and a southernpaddler hat....... We had found him, forget looking for the boats or vehicle.

The little cabin on the Suwannee. It was built in 1863.

cabin.jpg

Now before you start cussing me out ...... No this is not the cabin we stayed in but we were in spitting distance of it. Our cabin was modern , air conditioned , Frig , Stove and with a microewave and TV. It is called a mobile home.
The cabin belong to Mr.Munden who owns the Munden Fish Camp out of Old Town , down 349 and about 4 miles North of the town of Suwannee.

We did some exploring in Johns sailboat but used a motor in place of the sail.

John & Mac in Johns boat... John Depa is the friend we went to see and make some plans to fish the Everglades with.

fishcamp%20008.jpg

The following are pictures of Gopher Creek which runs off of the Suwannee.

fishcamp%20002.jpg

fishcamp%20003.jpg

fishcamp%20006.jpg

One of the locals checking us out.

fishcamp%20007.jpg

Continued over to page #2.........................