Take a trip down the Brazos | SouthernPaddler.com

Take a trip down the Brazos

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
I was fooling around on MapQuest looking at the path of the Brazos from beginning to end. WOW! This river has more turns and twists than a deranged snake! If you want an idea of what Texas River Rat and Jack are up against do a little experiment. Go to MapQuest and type in Waco,Tx. , then choose the altitude view for 16000 meters( the eighth block down from the top on the size chart on the left). Use the "hand feature" and go north west to the source of the Brazos and just start following the river southeast to the Gulf. The river is nothing but turns and switch-backs with hardly any really straight sections.

Texas River Rat has taken on quite a quest to run this crazy river.

Joey

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
jdupre' said:
Oz, with those gustly Texas winds , I'll bet you find out in a hurry if your boat has trouble with weathercocking.

Are you suggesting that since Jack is there in the area to paddle with txriverrat it will be windy ? Man have you had me fooled , I never knew you have paddled with him.

Judpre , you are a person of many secrets and surprises. Now let me let you in on one major secret...... Give Jack Grits or Vienna's for the meals and forget the beans , then the winds decrease by 90%. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Well (he modestly admitted) I have been known to generate some wind from time to time. I took some Great Northern beans along, mixed them with pintos, and added some hot sauce given me by Seed Tick.

Sacre' Bleu!