Clicky

Tales from the Log of the Ruptured Duck

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
On the next trip to pickup the plane, I plan to go in the evening instead of morning. Julie and I got up at 04:50 the other day. It raised holy hob with the sleep cycle of a couple of elderly folks. I’m thinking, arrive at the field about 5:00pm, do a thorough preflight/acceptance inspection. Learn a bit more about operating the little hand-held radio and electronic instruments. Get a full weather briefing. Take off at 6:00 or 6:30, and fly the 1-1.3 hour trip home.

Sundown is at 9:00pm, so I’ll be flying home during a quiet time with good light. There’s a sod strip not far from my flight path where skydivers operate from. I may have to divert around that area if they’re jumping when I’m flying

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Got a call last night. Big change of plans; I like it much better. The dealer suggested that I come to the hangar this morning, we remove the wings, put the plane on his trailer, and we trailer it to Mason Jewett Field TEW. There, we’ll reassemble it.

This will allow me to learn how to operate the small, handheld radio, use and understand the electronic instruments, and practice takeoffs and landings on my home field. So, off I go!