Clicky

Tales from the Log of the Ruptured Duck

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Biking may be like paddling. I would travel farther if I knew I had assistance getting back.
Don't forget to pedal some, or you won't be able to claim you are biking for the exercise.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Thanks. I ended up dropping thoughts of that conversion kit. They originally started with a $400 neighbkrhood price. Then announced out of stock, but you could sign up for a unit at 50% discount when stock arrived. 50% is a very large discount, and it started a little bell of suspicion in the back kf my head.

Next message had prices ranging fro about $800 down to about $600 according to how long you would delay delivery. Bait and switch tactics. I pulled the plug. Back to standard pedals. Probably better for me anyway?

sigh

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
If it sounds to good to be true , chances are it isn't. From what you said there is a Rat in the wood pile. I was thinking of making my mountain bike into a electric and decide against it. Figured the best thing to do was to get one that was designed , made and equipped for electric. Cost more but I can't take it ( $$$ ) with me ( when I croak ) and the wife would only spend it so why can't I enjoy it now.