Talked to Sheenas Dad tonight (not good) | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Talked to Sheenas Dad tonight (not good)

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
Just wanted to let you guys know the latest....

The doctor asked for another CAT and abother bone test before he starts therapy, She has the bone test thursday and the CAT Friday morning. I just got off the phone with her andshe was feeling it hard. With me off on this job, she's kinda feeling as if she's going through this alone, ehich I guess she is, actually, but emotionally I with her every step of the way. She knows I need to work for the insurance and the money to get us through this time, I really would be there now if I could and she knows it, I could use the Family Emergency Leave Actm I suppose, but I think I need to save that untilit will be needed the most. With it I would still have the insurance but no money coming in.

I know it's not God's fault, but, sometimes it can be real diffcult to not throw the blame His way. I realize it might not be a good thing to say, but I figure He knows I'm feeling that way so I might as well admit to it.

I know it's hard for her to be going through this alone, the doctors and the tests and the fear....all of it overwhelming her and I wish I could do more than I am...but with 300 hundred miles between us, or close to it, at least, sometimes I feel about as lost as she does right now.

Pardon me, if I seem to come across as if I'm tearing up.... It's just a bit hard to know she's feeling the way she is.....

I just wish the doctors would finish their tests and get on with the treatment....

Steve

islandpiper

Around here, fellows can contribute some of their sick leave days to other fellows who need them. will your company allow that? PM me your supervisor's name and number and I'll call him and suggest it. Even if you could gather up 10-20 days to use when you need them that would help, right? And, i know you'd give some other guy a few days of yours if he needed them. hell, if i had sick leave, i'd send you mine.

Look into this leave-time thing......it might already be in place.

OK?

Call anytime, buddy. you have my number. piper

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
sheena's dad said:
I know it's not God's fault, but, sometimes it can be real diffcult to not throw the blame His way. I realize it might not be a good thing to say, but I figure He knows I'm feeling that way so I might as well admit to it.Steve

It's OK to do that Steve....I figure most of us have or will. I've done my share. Besides, a Guy with a black shirt and white collar told me it's OK and it happens. We're human. They say the good Lord don't anymore at us than we can handle....I dunno about that either, I've cried Uncle to him many a time.
Now, know there are plenty of Geezers here pray'n for you two and thinking about you every step of the way. Between the good Lord and all us, you ain't alone!
Hang in there and you get on here to vent and tell us how you feel anytime day or night. Your a good man Steve...hang in there Buddy.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Steve,

Here iz a big e-hug frum Miz Bear'n me. Pass it on ta Miz Deb next chance ya git. Dont know exactly what yer job iz, but I figger it aint eazy ta keep yer mind on it. Be extra careful.

best regards
bearridge

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
Guys, I thought I would be on here more than I have been since getting the 'net back but with Deb's situation that hasn't been the case.

I talked to her from work today to see if she had any test results back yet and all she had were the results of the CAT. She was not able to do the bone test because she became too claustrophobic to be able to take it. They had tied her ankles together and strap her arms down so she could not move then th radiograph part began to swing over her head and touched her nose so se lost it completely. They'll do that test at M.D. Anderson Hospital in Houston when she goes so they can knock her out.

The CAT results themselves were not good. The cancer in both the liver and the lungs. those results have been sent to M.D. Anderson by fax and they are supposed contact her tomorrow as to when her appointment is. I just hope that they hurry up and get off their collective arses andstart dong something.

Right now I am past the fear and trepidation and am moving toward te anger stage rather quickly. I am o doctor myself bt iseemto me that that oath they all have supposedly taken doesn't mean squat in regard to the common man.

But let's seehow fast Bill "Milk Them For All The Cash First Then Fix The Problem" Gates or Hilary "Let Me Cry On Nationa Television So I Can Get Elected President" Clinton get tested and treated when they get the word they have cancer, That is complete and utter Boat Science. (Yes I usd our Padlers' Definition rather than what I really wanted to say)

Steve

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Steve,

I wish I knew somethin' ta say that would make ya feel better......give ya some hope. Hang in there. Dang....that wuz purty weak, but it come frum the heart.

regards
bearridge

islandpiper

steve, my standard suggestions still apply,

CHOOSE YOUR BATTLES

AND

DON'T BURN ANY BRIDGES........

we're all here for you, anytime you need to rant a little......spend it on us, not the doctors that you will come to depend on more and more.......please, piss us off bigtime, there will be no reprecussions from us, and do what the doctor's say.

Deb, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Take strength from knowing we are on your side.

piper

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
Guys, before I got off of here tonight, I wanted to come back and thank all of you who have called tonight with concern and words of hope and advice. I doubt any of you ralize just how much that has meant to me...and to Sheena, who came out will I was speaking to Bearridge to find out who all I was talking to. When I told her how you guys had been calling, she smiled and began to tear up a little. You may have earned a dear special place in her heart, as well, for the show of support and care represented in those calls. Thank you from a father and a daughter for that support and concern.

Steve

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Fellas,

I talked ta Steve a few minutes ago 'n there aint no distance tween us no more. Those of us who know how it feels when it looks like ya mite lose the love of yer life got some idea how Steve feels. The world dont look like it does ta other folks. Time dont pass the same way. It iz kinda like a dream......a bad one. It iz awful lonesome.....'n they aint together.

It helps some that folks on here care, but this iz raw 'n real fer them....a real special time. There iz only so much we kin do.....but we gotta do it with all our mite.

regards
bearridge

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Br'r Bear is good with 5 dollar words and can't come up with any good ones....well I know I can't for sure....just I'm pray'n for the best Steve.
As Br'r Bear said....I mean it from the heart.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Steve, sometimes it's as hard to be the survivor as it is the one who is hurting. Some of are to go ahead and blaze a trail, others of us remain behind and take care of things.

If there's a "plan" to it, damned if I can see it. If there's a purpose to it, I never could see that either. Just seems to be the a lot we draw and that's the load we carry.

I'm glad to have met you a couple months ago, and shared a meal with you. Maybe we can do that again.