Talked to Sheenas Dad tonight (not good) | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

Talked to Sheenas Dad tonight (not good)

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
Hi fellas;

Sorry I haven't been on lately. Between work and Miz Deb, as bearridge has begun to call her, there hasn't been much time for socializing here. (Piper, I know I do owe you an email, sorry I haven't done so yet, please forgive, my friend).

Deb has yet to start treatments BUT is FINALLY seeing a real life cancer doctor tomorrow morning. I repeat......FINALLY...... However, she has no appetite, and is losing weight at an unheathly rate, and runs a high fever now most of the time. There is a lot of sleep loss and much pain. Sometimes she is taking 3 and 4 times what she is supposed to to ease the pain to a tolerable level. I'm not particularly in favor of that but it is better than her suffering the pain I believe.

I know I should probably be home doing what I can for her, but, unfortunately, the way bills pile up lately, the only resolve for them is my working here and just doing what I can. But those four and five hour drives back and forth in a single day at times can get awful hard on a body.

I am not a doctor, so I can't say where this puts her progression with the cancer but it doesn't sound good to me. But I can only wait to see what this cancer doctor has to say before I assume anything.

The Fight with the insurance goes on, only now we're letting her lawyer handle the arguments with them. I just can't do the arguing any more, I get too frustrated and she's not up to it so I had her get ahold of him. Let him argue, he's a pro at it and actually gets paid for it. ( Like a certain friend of ours on here used to do.... :lol: )

Anyway, that is the latest. You guys take care. Will be back when I can have more time.

Steve

john the pom

Jul 30, 2007
Queensland
I'd like to say something a bit more positive than this, but best I can do is to say lots of good people are thinking of, and praying for the pair of you.
Regards John.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
G'day Steve,

Thanks for the update mate. When you get the chance, could you please pm Sheena's contact to someone here so we can keep in touch.

Mate, know that if there was any way I could do your shifts for you at this time, to allow you to spend time with Deb, I would.

Love

Mick & Robin

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Steve,

Stop by 'n visit when ya git a chance. I'll buy ya a cup a java 'n a roll. If ya figger out somethin' any of us kin do ta give ya a hand, holler. I mean it. We mean it. I know it iz kinda selfish, but some of us worry more when we dont hear nuthin'. We feel better hearin' frum ya, even when the news iz trublesome. When the day seems dark 'n gloomy, sometimes ya need a joke. I caint think of a bigger joke than this place. :wink:

regards
bearridge

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Hey Guys,
Been thinking about Steve a good bit this week so I called him tonight. Sucker went and had a heart attack again. He and the Dr. figuers it was probally caused Becaust Deb was in the hosp. and he worked one monday, drove home saw her and drove back to be at work the next day. Deb now has tumors on her skin( some big as eggs) and gets around slowly in a walker. Insurance Co is not wantint to pay and all that just got the best of him. He's talking of going back up to Taylor Mon. Said he might stop by to see me on the way. Dr. said all his main arterys are clear but he had some clogs in some smaller veins. Yall please forgive me if all this is not exactly right. That was a shock hearing that and all the details he gave. Ask if me and Jimmie could use the truck and he said that he was outta gas. Guess we walking Jimbo.
Bob

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
DANG BOB! This is just terrible news! :cry: Everytime you post I think of SD and picture us bouncing down the road in his pickup. I'd fill his pickup with high octane if he could only feel better. :( When you talk to him please tell him we think of him and he and his Mizzus are in our prayers. I wished I lived closer to him. I could drop by and wax the pickup, mow the lawn, and bring him some grits and Vienny sausage.
This is just awful news.....Why do bad things happen to good people? :( :( :cry:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
I read this early this mornin', but it wuz too hard ta reply. I think of Steve 'n Miz Deb purty often.....lately cuz we went so long without hearin' any news. I know how it helps when folks care, but that kin only take ya so far.

Try not ta let a bad turn keep ya'll down. Steve, take care of yerself too. I got a dollar sez nobody else kin help Miz Deb like you.

best regards
bearridge

Decafalon: (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
Well, Steve didn't get to come by my store yesterday Talked to him a minuet this evening and he said that he got off late. Didn't get back up to Taylor until about 12:00. Said he stayed pretty quiet today and will go back to work tomorrow. Sure hope he don't overdo.
Bob

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Hey Steve, Miz Deb & Sheena,

We been thinkin' bout ya'll today. Miz Bear asked what wuz the word. I had ta tell her "not much". Sho would like ta hear some good news.

regards
bearridge

ps Steve, dont loan yer pickup ta oldyaker 'n Bob. It will come back smellin' of hard licker 'n garlic.

Woodrow Call: Things sure have changed since the last time I was here. It's all growed up.
Gus McCrae: Of course it's growed up, Woodrow. We killed all the Indians and bandits so the bankers could move in.
Woodrow Call: Only a fool would want the Indians back.
Gus McCrae: Has it ever occurred to you, Woodrow; that all the work we done was for the bankers? Hell, we killed off everybody made this country interestin'!

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
Bear,
Tell Miz. Bear Ijust talked to Steve. He is doing fine. Said his bosses spend a bit of time trying to slow him down. Said that Miz. Deb was getting weaker and weaker. Still fighting with that infernal insurance Co..
Bear,you brought up a good point. Do they make a garlic flavored likker? Have ta be good.
Bob