Test for Picture Post | SouthernPaddler.com

Test for Picture Post

Gamecock

Jul 17, 2012
Looks like an old punt boat for duck hunting. I seen a few years ago back in Delaware. Most were a bit longer though. Dave.

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Is it a "Water Moccasin" pirogue? I once repaired one very similar to yours for a friend. Not sure if it was the same brand as your boat, or another . Modeled my son's "Lake Bistineau " pirogue after it. A very popular and handy boat.
Please tell me how did you post the picture?

Thanks, beekeeper

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
Central Kansas and Central Texas
Beekeeper,
It is a Water Moccasin. Built by Lynn Fogleman. It is one of the first,ie no serial number.It is 9' 4" and weighs about 38 lbs.It has been my favorite boat for about 30 years I have another one similar same size but much heavier. His brother and sister now have Water Moccasin boats at Stonewall. . I'll post some more looking for advice on duplicating it in SS&G. Also I'll check the steps about posting the picture and reply to that question. Right now I'm back in Texas for some more medical appointments for my Bride and family visits.

Andy

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
It's like one that Herters had for sale in their catalog before they closed up shop.

For the younger folks , Herters was the original mail order catalog for sporting goods. They were in the 40's and up to the 60's. Today you can find some of their stuff in the Cabales catalog or web site.
I will not swear to it but it looks like Cabelas took over a lot of things ( even props in the stores ) from Herters.
They were before Cabelas , Bass Pro , Gander Mountain or any of the others.

Gamecock

Jul 17, 2012
Chuck, when I was growing up my dad and I always looked forward to getting the Herters catalog each summer. It was the hunters wish book. In the early sixties we started getting the Gander Mountain catalog every summer too. It wasn't as large or as fancy as Herters but it didn't matter. As Phil Robertson might say: they were all a man needed. Dave.

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014

Bee Keeper and all interested

To post this picture I used post image and followed the directions also I’ve listed some of the line items where I was unsure of options until I tried them.

https://postimages.org/login

It’s free (maybe a minimal charge if you need a better version)

Follow directions for up load

Follow directions for posting to forum

Choose images

Check resize for message boards

I used “hotlinks for forum” urI and pasted to my post

If that doesn’t work for you let me know

Thanks for all your insights,

Andy

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
It's like one that Herters had for sale in their catalog before they closed up shop.

For the younger folks , Herters was the original mail order catalog for sporting goods. They were in the 40's and up to the 60's. Today you can find some of their stuff in the Cabales catalog or web site.
I will not swear to it but it looks like Cabelas took over a lot of things ( even props in the stores ) from Herters.
They were before Cabelas , Bass Pro , Gander Mountain or any of the others.

Herters did have a similar boat. I bought a used one probably about '58. It was wood covered in doped canvas. I had visions of running my trap lines with it. Didn't work out so well dragging it over rocks and ice! I've learned a lot since then. Herters also bought furs and were generally better priced than our local buyer.

Guess I'd better make a trip to Bass Pro, Cabalas, Gander Mountain, and Academy while I'm in the Big City!

Andy

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Thanks for the info about posting. I will look into it when I get back to my own computer. Right now the fishing is too good to worry about little problems like posting pictures.

bee

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Beekeeper,
It is a Water Moccasin. Built by Lynn Fogleman. It is one of the first,ie no serial number.It is 9' 4" and weighs about 38 lbs.It has been my favorite boat for about 30 years I have another one similar same size but much heavier. His brother and sister now have Water Moccasin boats at Stonewall. . I'll post some more looking for advice on duplicating it in SS&G. Also I'll check the steps about posting the picture and reply to that question. Right now I'm back in Texas for some more medical appointments for my Bride and family visits.

Andy
Missed the part about medical appointments. Hope they went well.
I think I recall "Woodman" reproduced a store bought kayak as a strip build. You may want to do a search for it.

beekeeper

OwenLoffer

Jan 3, 2018
Tampa, Florida
Glad I found a thread for testing out photos, I might as well try it out here. Here's a photo of our Siamese cat, Lana (I hope it shows up), playing with one of her cat toys. Being a late bloomer with technology, I'm not much good with these millennial gadgets, hahaha! But I hope I got it right.

8.jpg

Last edited: