Texas Style Jug Lines | SouthernPaddler.com

Texas Style Jug Lines

wilded

Aug 28, 2003
Round Rock, Texas
Kayak Jack said:
I'm thinking that a Clorox jug with a weight slud initially towards the bottom, lying on its side, with a line attached to the handle would do the same thing much simpler.
That is what my dad used and they work but from a distance they don't flag like the noodle ones to me. I also like the fact that I can stand all my noodles in a crate with the line rolled around them and the hook stuck in the foam noodle where it will not stick anything or get tangled up. Each person should use whatever they enjoy fishing with. JMHO :D

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
wilded said:
I don't know if any of you use jug lines when you fish or not. I am making some pop up jugs to use once my new boat is finished. Here is an article on my blog on jug lines and a video on how to make the pop up jug lines. Be sure and take a look at the kayak in the picture that is powered by a gas weedeater. :roll:
http://wildedtx.blogspot.com/2009/08/te ... tfish.html

Those Jugs or buoys are a slick idea , sure could tell when a cat is on the end of the line , no guessing. :D

wilded

Aug 28, 2003
Round Rock, Texas
Wannabe said:
BB,
Circle hooks will get them in the corner of their mouth almost every time. :D
Bob

I use number 5-7 circle hooks, red if I can find them and they have really upped my catch percentage over regular J style hooks. :D

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Been using circles for almost everything since I found them. Self-setting and they seldom are swallowed so released fish can survive.
I really like the idea there was a place to put the hook for storage(set into the foam) to keep it from snagging/tangling with everything within reach!