Texas Youth Hunting Weekend with my Daughter | SouthernPaddler.com

Texas Youth Hunting Weekend with my Daughter

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
We went to the lease for Youth weekend and had a great time. I told her Friday evening this was her weekend and she could shoot what she wanted to. We got in the stand Saturday morning and as soon as the feeder went off deer were everywhere. We had a lot of activity throughout the morning. About nine o'clock this guy showed and I figured for sure she would want to shoot him, but she looked at him for a few minutes and said we should let him grow-up another year.;)b

youthseason598.jpg

youthseason597.jpg

We hunted awhile longer and decide to head in and get some breakfast. We went back out about 2:30 and it was allittle slower than the morning but still saw quite a few deer. Right at dark a group of hogs showed up and she let the biggest sow have it with her 25-06.

youthseason604.jpg

It was a great shot at 135 yds.to be so close to dark. She really suprised me when we got back to camp and she said she wanted to take care of it. So Dad got to sit back have a beer and do just a little coaching on how to gut an animal.

youthseason607.jpg

youthseason606.jpg

Can't wait to do it again.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Congratulations to Dad and Daughter. I'm really proud to know Dad's who do stuff like this with their kids, especially Daughters. She learned a lot about Life in general and our relationship to our Earth. She also learned a large lesson about being a parent. Good on ya both!