The difference between Jack and Islandpiper.... | SouthernPaddler.com

The difference between Jack and Islandpiper....

islandpiper

Food in Michigan....(Pasties......no, not PASTY..although .they come in pairs)...
pasties.jpg

food in Louisiana:
crawfish.jpg

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
In Michigan, we walk up to our food. In Loosianna, it walks up to you.

I got it.

I also am familiar with Loosianna's "Free Range" policy. That's where Brahma bulls roam free, stand around in the road, and turn and charge if you deign to drive on their turf. And gators, fire ants, coral snakes, rattlers, water moccasins, copperheads, a few overly introverted church-type folks, etc. Oh, yeah, I enjoyed Loosianna.

When I left there it was on a direct route to Viet Nam. Not only was I already acclimated - it wasn't all that shabby of an exchange.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Hang tight, Piper-san. I'm just liable to pull into your drive one a these days and want curb service.

Jack

If you do that make sure you have a camera with you... I want to see him provide curb service with his roller skates on like they ladies use to do at drive inns.

I am sure you remember them at the Steak & Shakes, they had company blouses and short shorts with high top, lace up, skates and would balance the tray full of cheeseburgers, cokes or milk shakes and fries on there one hand.
Those were the day's .... sighhhhhhhhh

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Yep - yer right on several counts. I was out on the town. We had a dinner honoring the outgoing Worthy Matron and Worthy Patron for our Eastern Star Chapter. Both are good friends of mine and most of the attendees are too.

And, Piper-san, I would not have lit on you with both barrels blazing - I would have licked your hand. Yep, I'm a Mountain Cur, except I'm not easily trained. I've had gals tell me, though, that I'm a good companion by the fire, even though it wasn't their had I was licking.