The Farmer 'n the Cop | SouthernPaddler.com

The Farmer 'n the Cop

A

Anonymous

A farmer was driving out on a rural highway and got pulled over by a state trooper for speeding. The trooper started to lecture the farmer, in general throwing his weight around to intimidate him and make him uncomfortable.

Finally, the trooper got around to writing out the ticket, all the while swatting at some large black flies that continued buzzing around his head.

The farmer looked up and said, "Having some problems with them circle flies there, are ya?"

The trooper replied, "Well yeah, if that's what they are - I have never heard of circle flies."

The farmer said, "Well, they are really common out on the farms. See, they're called circle flies because they're almost always found circling around the back end of a horse."

The trooper said, "Oh", and went back to writing the ticket. He paused after a minute and said, "Hey wait a minute...are you trying to call me a horse's ass?"

The farmer said, "Oh no, officer. I have too much respect for law enforcement and police officers to even think about calling you that."

Well, that's a good thing," said the trooper as he handed the ticket over.

The farmer said, "Hard to fool them flies, though."

A

Anonymous

Swampy said:
Haz the Sherrif seen thiz un yet?

Friend Swampy,

I heard he wuz the one swattin' them flies.

regards,

bearridge

I never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Damn!

Dang it Bear!!!!
Why didn't you post this joke earlier? I just spent the afternoon with my Brother-in-Law who is a Morgantown, "West by God Virginny" Cop. I could have used the ammo!