The Gills are biting! | SouthernPaddler.com

The Gills are biting!

laflyfisher

Jul 30, 2006
Louisiana
www.warmfly.com
I caught these at Lake St. John a couple of weeks ago on the fly. There ain't nothing like a stump knocker blue gill on a 2 weight fly rod!

IMG_1709.jpg

Bullhead

Mar 27, 2005
Indiana
Wow!, Those are great!!!! I just bought a zero weight Orvis flyrod to try out for panfish..... will let you know.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
yep there,s only one thing wrong with this pic. where,s the pan & grease. would like to see that secret fishing hole. :) i guess every body knows where u caught em thought . right in the mouth. :lol: nice stringer .(cat)

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Thanks for the tip!

Fred's Finest Fresh Fish Store at the corner of Elm and Main street , Breaux Bridge Louisiana. :lol:

Nice mess of 'gills.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Bears Buddy
Years ago when I was a crewboat captain I went to Breaux Bridge to pick up a new Aluminum 40 foot crewboat from Breaux's Baycraft. Drove it down the bayou to the intercoastal to bring it back to Galveston Bay. What a beautiful trip. It was in the springtime and it was
one of the best trips I made in a crewboat. I would come to a bridge and would blow my horn and a guy would come out of his house and put this huge crank in the socket and start walking it around in circles cranking the swing bridge open. They are all gone now from what I've heard. Wonderful trip. Laflyfisher fishes in paradise.
Bob