The Kansas City to St. Charles Mo 340 race | SouthernPaddler.com

The Kansas City to St. Charles Mo 340 race

Waliczek

Jan 31, 2007
Kansas City, Kansas
Well, I got up early and went down to Kaw Point in Kansas City, Kansas and watched the start of the 2nd annual 340 mile race down the Missouri River to St. Charles Mo. Single and double person Kayaks and Canoes. 100 hours is allowed for completion in order to be registered as a participant. 15 participants last year, 75 particpants this year. About 200 persons watch the start. Any members near St, Louis , keep you eyes open. Winner should be arriving in about 40 hours. Finish line is in St. Charles, Don't know where.
I took pictures and as soon as I figure out how to send them I will do so.
Next year, my pirogue with out riggers, are going to be there.
Tom

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Tom,

Iz there a "pirogue division"? I never figgered a pirogue fer a racin' boat.

regards
bearridge

It is impossible to travel faster than the speed of light, and certainly not desirable, as one's hat keeps blowing off. Woody Allen

Waliczek

Jan 31, 2007
Kansas City, Kansas
Aw Bearridge, It not important for me to win any thing. Just being able to take part is good enough for me.
Beside's, I am the worlds worst straight line paddler. :)
Tom

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Tom,

Jest fer speckalation, lets say the Paddlin' Geezer Canoe joined up fer that race. Ya know how many months it would take us ta paddle 340 miles? Dont git me wrong, I like a good race. It jest aint eazy bein' last.....try it. :wink:

Back when I used ta run with Forrest Gump, I never worried bout comin' in first, but I wuz hopin' fer a prize when I hit the geezer division. But my foot started hurtin'.......then I started shrimpin' with Lieutenant Dan. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dont fergit them pichurs.

regards
bearridge

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also. Mark Twain

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
It ain't a slow race, Br'r Bear. Geezer's'd be stretched out along the line for all 420 miles, for the next year or so. Half of us would forget what race we were in, and go home because the beer ran out.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Kayak Jack,

So far the Paddlin' Geezers have a last one wins race ever time we paddle, but we got a long way ta go. We still cover twice az much water az we oughta. On the Oklawaha Dapper Al near bout slowed us down with hiz fishin' pole 'n that cancer medicine that made him skinny. There iz so much ta see that we miss.

We saw a racin' team practicin' on the Oklawaha....headed up river like a churnin', burnin'......like Elvis on drugs. It made me sad.....racin' in a canoe 'n Elvis blowin' hizself up like the Pillsbury Biscuit Boy. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Different strokes I reckon.

regards
bearridge

I can't give you brains, but I can give you a diploma. Wizard of Oz