The New A.A.R.P. Card....... | SouthernPaddler.com

The New A.A.R.P. Card.......

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I have changed the A.A.R.P. from the normal to Americans Against Retired Persons since they like this new government (Bama) health plan but this one is even better.
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************
Yep, to heck with the ultra liberal old AARP (American Association for Retired People).
I joined the new AARP. Here's my new card.

mail

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I understand some folks on dial up don't see the picture.

It is Clint Eastwood from his new movie "Grand Torino" .

He is standing on his porch aiming a Garrand ( Rifle ) off to the right of the viewer. Above the picture of him is My AARP Card Stands for.....
Below his picture ..... Armed And Really Pissed.

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Two fer four....not bad fer a geezer in a tight spot....

MSNBC.com

Shopkeeper ‘didn’t want to shoot’ robbers
2 suspects dead, 2 injured after 72-year-old opens fire in New York City
The Associated Press
updated 8:48 a.m. CT, Sat., Aug 15, 2009
NEW YORK - The sidewalk outside the Harlem store still was smeared with blood Friday, and the glass on the door still was blown out.

Above the entrance, someone had scribbled the words, "Abandon hope all ye who enter here."

Less than 24 hours after a deadly showdown at the shop worthy of a Clint Eastwood script, Charles "Gus" Augusto Jr. entered his store — oblivious of the inscription taken from Dante's "Inferno."

The 72-year-old wholesaler of commercial restaurant equipment had been up all night, questioned by police about how he'd drawn a shotgun and killed two of four armed robbery suspects who entered his Kaplan Brothers Blue Flame store Thursday afternoon.

Two of the young men died on the street. Two remained hospitalized in stable condition with gunshot wounds.

'Where's the money?'
When they walked in at about 3 p.m. and confronted Augusto with guns, "I didn't want to shoot them," he said, sitting bleary-eyed in his dusty, windowless warehouse, with a fly swatter hanging above his head.

He said the bandits drew their handguns, yelling, "Where's the money? Where's the money?"

They pistol-whipped a worker and waved a weapon at a cashier's face, he said.

"There is no money," Augusto said he told them. "Go home."

Stashed away nearby was the 12-gauge shotgun he bought decades ago and said he had never used since a test-fire. He reached for it when he sensed one of the men was about to shoot, and pulled the trigger once.

"I hoped after the first shot they would go away," he said.

When they didn't, continuing to menace his employees, he fired again, and again.

Police said one of the men collapsed and died outside the door, just feet from a Baptist church.

"He died in the hands of God," said a neighborhood resident, Vincent Gayle, pointing to the blood-spattered pavement by the church. "But what goes around comes around."

Trail of blood
Another fatally wounded suspect managed to cross the street, leaving a trail of blood before he collapsed. He was later pronounced dead at the hospital, police said.

More blood led police to the other two suspects, who were arrested and taken to the hospital. Charges against them were pending.

Police said Augusto didn't have a required permit for the weapon used in the headline-grabbing shooting the Daily News called a "Pump-Action Ending."

But he was a victim, police said, and no charges had been filed on Friday.

"I'd rather not have done it," Augusto said, "and I'm sad for those mothers who have no sons."

On Friday, pedestrians were still sidestepping pools of blood along Augusto's block on West 125th Street, a short walk from Bill Clinton's Harlem office.

Reactions to the shooting were mixed.

Frida Rodriguez called it "a sad day" for the neighborhood.

Augusto "was defending his work, his business, so you could perceive that as being heroic," she said. "But on the other hand, these kids died."

The shopkeeper was coy when asked whether, with his shotgun confiscated, he had a backup.

"I'm not going to tell you that," he said.

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
bearridge said:
Two fer four....not bad fer a geezer in a tight spot....

"There is no money," Augusto said he told them. "Go home."

Stashed away nearby was the 12-gauge shotgun he bought decades ago and said he had never used since a test-fire. He reached for it when he sensed one of the men was about to shoot, and pulled the trigger once.

"I hoped after the first shot they would go away," he said.

When they didn't, continuing to menace his employees, he fired again, and again.

Reactions to the shooting were mixed.

There will be crying and words of anger at the shop owner.

BUT : Nothing will be said about the parents of the " kids" and the way they raised them.

There have been a great many people raised in and on the street who have made the decision to NOT become gun weilding criminals. They [the "kids" ]made the choice. Now there are just tow of them who will have to live with thr results of their stupid actions.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
a Bald Cypress said:
...There have been a great many people raised in and on the street who have made the decision to NOT become gun wielding criminals. They [the "kids" ]made the choice. Now there are just tow of them who will have to live with the results of their stupid actions.
Damned shame there's that many of them. Make good fertilizer.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
MORE ENLIGHTENMENT!
"Medigap plans are a cash cow for AARP. And if people don't need them because they can enroll in Medicare Advantage plans, that's a revenue loss for AARP."
http://tinyurl.com/yls4zwc

AARP are a bunch of theives just like politicians!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The article says that AARP is watching quietly about new health care , Quietly my arse...... I just got a phone call from them asking me to contact my Congressman and tell him to vote YES for it. In fact it is set up so you punch #1 on the phone and they dial you directly into him... I hung up on them.
It was a automated call from Americans Against Retired People and I was scared that by punching #1 it was an automated system that would register as a YES in favor of it.

Chuck.

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
of course AARP is in favor of the new health care program

a significant part of their revenues come from the "comission" from insurance company selling part B or supplemental medicare coverage through AARP

the proposed health care program will likely reduce primary medicare benefits and folks will rush out to purchase more supplemental coverage

that results in more income for AARP

it has nothing to do with worry about senior citizens, it's about money

Lee Schneidermann

Dec 6, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I would have to argue the point that it's about money. Although money is a part of this scam. What's really being perpetrated on us is the removal of freedom to control our own destiny. The power of the feds has so over-extended the constitutional constraints placed on them that the only way to get the control of our own lives back will be at the point of a gun.
I fear for my children, but I fear far more for the lives and families of these politicians.

Lee