the spit and wittle club | SouthernPaddler.com

the spit and wittle club

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
The boys down at the barber shop say I've done lost all the brains I once had. They said Paul your talkin crazy these days. Been talkin of expaditions an perows what ever that is an tidal charts. You went out this week and bought yourself one of them ferrin Toyota trucks when you got a perfectly good 4x4 chevy right there in the drive. You been buyin 75 dollar sheets of plywood from someone in Houston Texas and you know darn well they got plywood at Lowes fer 10 dollars a sheet. Worse than that you been talkin of buildin wooden boats and plan on actually takin one over to the Current for a paddle. Don't you remember trying to shoot rock riffle rapids at half bank full. You almost drown three times before ya got to the bank and this could be just as bad. You've been speakin of Ex goverment men and the high sherrif an the ole sparkinator an this oldyaker people we never heard of around here. We think you've pulled a cork afew to often and were comin out tonight for an intervenin before ya hurt yerself. I just smiled an toldem I'd put on a pork roast for the party.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
OZ

Never mind on trying to tell them a thing or two or three they would not understand no matter how well ya told them.

Some folks , The normal thinking folks , just don't understand it's a lot more fun being slightly nut's and enjoying life.

Look at us we make wood boats , then paddle them into places no sane person would , build fires and eat half cooked meat from that fire , Poop in the woods , sleep there and then go back and do it all over again. While enjoying every minute of it.

Then ya have the folks on here sending ya down the right path , the wrong one fer normal thinking folks , which is the right one for us but everyone else will say the wrong one. Might be , my guess is it's the wrong one for them which is great for us , less folks out there in wood boats enjoying the wilds. Ya know the rivers as they ease along , the river banks for camping and all the wildlife ya can see and enjoy , not even thinking about the good fresh fish suppers cooked over a fire.

Now we have some extream mental cases on here ( Most retarded , retired Lawyers) ... the folks that like to paddle rivers where the water looks like something in your washing mochine after ya threw a box of soap in it. :lol: Yep they are the really mentally challenged on here. Might even say the Evil Kneviles of this web site.

As I like to say ... We have more fun then the average bear and a darn site more good times.

Never mind splaing hit to them , wasted breath , Just like Kayak Jack telling us he is honest and oldyaker trying to make us believe he is not an Eye-ta-lion , he puts Vino an garlic on his corn flakes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will not even go on about some of the other folks on here , that would require several pages but ya can trust my honesty on that , Yes Sir ... Ya sure can. :roll:

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Invite all the boys form Floyd's Barber Shop on over, Oz. You can tell'em about the fellas in the Land Down Under. And about Canady - way up north where the sheep are fake and bears are real.

Oh - and Tales of the South Pacific too, where the snow is fake and gals are real. Don't forget the guys on here from Jolly Olde England too. And the ones who paddled up tide just to find a plastic outhouse.

Oh, Oz - those boys from Floyd's will have a grand time just hearing about all the goin's on here.

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Frank stopped by said he'd been lookin at them Toyota little trucks. whated to taker for a little test drive. They ride alittle hard kinda like my bull ridin day back in the 70's. he agreed but wished I would have taken him out on the road instead of the Springfield Ozark hikin trail.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
:lol: :lol: :lol: Tell him to come down here and I can show him how a Jeep Wrangler chases gators , so far only one of them has caught me.

The injury from the bit healed after a while. No , It was not a granddaddy , ole big one ( they are sort of slow , sort of ) but a little really fast , ticked off , little stinker. :oops:

Heck while at the Sheriffs Office we use to chase Air boats with the Jeeps.. Nailed quite a few of them , the Air Boats don't bite like Gators do and are a lot more fun to catch. Or were when I was younger and dumber but getting paid to do it. :D

Ya just have not been 4 wheeling till ya have the water in the vehicle with you , creating a wake and tossing mud but look out for the deep holes , they will wreck ya day , GURANTEED. :p

Chuck.
PS. A good watertight ignition system is a blessing along with a winch with a lot of cable , not even thinking about liking to play in the mud , muck , cow pies and all sorts of other stuff normal folks in the BMW's avoid .

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
I hear them gators make pretty good eatin is that true? We meanin MDC sent turkeys to Texas they sent us armadillos, The turkeys came back home but the armidillos ain't.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
One of the river treats , when out camping , were Gator on the grill , Dillo's ain't half bad either. Both of them are darn good. I use ...were... since it is sort of again the law to do nowadays what we use to do when out camping back then as far as wild food goes.

Like I said Gator on the grill and Dillo's done up like you would fry chicken , darn good. Some mighty fine eating.

A buddy and myself were hunting a wild boar that was getting into a farmers domestic pigs ( As a favor to him since he let us hunt his property in the Black Hammock Section ) , we sat out there up to dark , Just at dark he got one shot at the hog and missed so we called it a day.

Walking out and back to the truck the pig farmer came out when we got near his place wanting to know if we got the boar , which we advised him my buddy missed the shot. I had that sausage on the hoof dead center in my sights when my buddy motioned he wanted the shot and I let him take it.:evil:

That dang farmer was eating a chunk of Dillo that was better looking than any fried chicken I have ever seen , we almost shot him to get it but didn't. I can still see it there , all golden brown and done up just right , smelled like heaven and I would bet it tasted even better as he munched on it while talking to us. :twisted:

Some times good manners get in the way of a good meal but we did get plenty of game off his property for a lot of meals , including that wild boar. He made a lot of good sausage.

Seams like some suffering is necessary to get the good things later down the road.

Chuck.

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
I have no reason not to take yer word, But there'll be no dilla greazin my skillet. To many good eatin critters outside the door that don't know it's supper time round these hills.

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Well the intervinin is starting. Looks more like a ten point pitch game! Why do I have to feed these turds and chip in 10 dollars for beer?

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Well the intervenin went about like I thought. Looked to me like they just wanted ta get outta the house without there wives for awhile. No converts but I bet that'll change when the cuttin and epoxyin starts. They just can't stay away when the wood chips start flyin around here. It broke up about 10:30 after two bakin dishes of scalloped taters and ham with plenty beer in between. Left me with the mess to clean up and a see ya later. They know I'm gonna do what ever I want anyway. I think their just a little envious of the carefree life I live, no worries other than work which ain't really like work to me. Ya know that life of buyin new trucks and buildin wooden boats or goin to the pony track on a wim and no one ta tell ya you can't.