The "sweetwater" | SouthernPaddler.com

The "sweetwater"

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
Finally got her done! This is an Uncle John kit with five ribs. I made the middle rib wider than what comes with the kit then duplicated the original middle rib. She is over 15' long and 36" wide :lol:

1249sweetwater-med.jpg

1249sweetwater2-med.jpg

1249sweetwater3-med.jpg

1249sweetwatertruck-med.jpg

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Look like you've got the boat buildin bug for sure Sheets. What is the rib spacing? I've got a UJ in progress at 15 feet. Looks like it fits your Yota well, but mines just an extended cab.
Paul

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
Thanks! I will have to get back to you on the spacing..................I just eye-balled it :oops:

keith

ha ozark to place my ribs (now dont tell anybody) I take my total length (say 12 feet or 144inches), subtract the stem cutbacks (say 12 inches on each end = 24inches, 144inches - 24 inches = 120 inches) then decide how many ribs i want ( say 5, I'll add 1 which makes 6 and divide that into 120 inches, = 20) I would put my ribs 20 inches apart. 101 later keith

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Keith thanks for that answer. Sheets the reason I asked that is your pirogue looks to have more rocker in the bow than the stern. It's not easy to tell though sitting in the grass. Was that your intentions having more rocker?
Paul

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
Ozark said:
Keith thanks for that answer. Sheets the reason I asked that is your pirogue looks to have more rocker in the bow than the stern. It's not easy to tell though sitting in the grass. Was that your intentions having more rocker?
Paul

The rocker is the same. Must be an illusion :D

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend sheets,

Dang fine job! I reckon when ya come back frum the river, yer wife will let ya park it in the livin' room? :wink: :roll: :roll:

regards
bearridge

I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. James Madison

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
Thanks for all the kind words! Got her in the water today! Not sure how we got the seat in backwards :wink:

1249amberpaddle-med.jpg