The ...Tuna and Olive Caper , They got caught. | SouthernPaddler.com

The ...Tuna and Olive Caper , They got caught.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The boss bag of the tuna ( in olive oil ) contacted his cousin the jar of olives two isles over in the grocery store and planned a caper against the cherry tomatoes down in produce. :x
As luck would have it Basil and lemon ( In produce ) found out and ratted on them to save there buddy the cherry tomatoes by calling the enforcement division ( spice section ) and letting the red pepper stop them from there dastardly deeds letting all of them mingle together and live in harmony at the pita retreat.
( Never let a retired Cop have a lot of free time on his hands ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK....For the Truth...........

This months Backpacker has this in it and it sounds good , especially when camping/paddling in the summer.
Tuna and Olives and Capers. ( Serves Two )

2 .. 6 oz pouches of chunk light tuna in olive oil or water.
2 tablespoons of capers - rinsed. ( Pickle section at the grocery )
4 tablespoons of black olives , sliced. ( you can get them already sliced , olive section at the grocer. )
8 cherry tomatoes , halved
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
15 basil leaves torn by hand
2 tablespoons of lemon juice ( about ) 1 medium lemon or from a squeeze bottle.
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 pitas

At home
Mix all ingredients except tuna and pitas , then pack that in a spill proof container. ( I am thinking a Zip Lock Bag )

In Camp
Drain the tuna and mix in the other ingredients , serve cold or in the pitas. Or both ways , cold on a plate with the pita on the side.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*** I was thinking in a Tortilla and then fold it over or roll it up as a finger food , no plates , no nothing but something cold and filling eating. A different type of a Tuna Salad sandwich. I will find out this weekend. :) :D