This summer looks like it will be interesting | SouthernPaddler.com

This summer looks like it will be interesting

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Not sure about the rest of you but it seams that everything around here is going to He!! in a Hand Basket.

The wife and I got new mattresses and box springs on sale and it was over $1,200 for the four of them , two complete beds.

Checked on some tires for the Goat and it is $775.00 for them , it took a few minutes to revive me but I am OK....... Now for the really bad news.......... Gas is going up so fast a lot of places are not posting the price. Or should I say they are not able to change the price on there signs as the price moves up on the pumps. :roll:

This summer looks like it will be interesting , we will or I will be at home a lot more and not on the road. The wife still wants to work but she will not be driving here humongous truck with the Viper Engine in it but in the little car instead. It gets 30 miles per gallon , her truck..... NO WAY near that. :D Visits to the grocery store will be a lot less since there prices will go up and even higher so we will be having a lot more meals that Mother Nature can furnish us. Reverting back to how things use to be done around here when I was growing up.

I guess the upshot of this is more camping and fishing trips for me to make sure we have something we like providing the fish are biting. :wink:

Dam , after all the gloom and doom it looks rather bright about the way things will work out , More fun , more fishing and camping and especially more time outdoors.

islandpiper

It's crazy at the grocery. $5 for a box of breakfast cereal. $2 for a can of beans. Go price a quart of paint.........$11 to $18 and it's NOT GOLD PAINT, it's just paint. I'm buying tires today, too. I didn't ask the total yet, my heart can't take it. Went to the dentist on monday, and let me tell you, those guys have a racket going......makes chiropractors look like amateurs.

piper

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Every time I turn around and try to do something the price has shot way up. The Grocery store is the worse , everything there is going up faster then they can change the price on the items. It is frighting how fast the price of things are going up and today what they want is three times what it use to cost.

What ever you do when you go shopping , do not make a list of what things cost and when you go back a day later , leave that list at home ....... if you want to keep your sanity. :roll:

Ha Ha Ha , Even the Skye Bank of Nigeria SBP has increased the amount that is owed to me for a small deposit to get it or should I say the amount they are trying to sucker me into giving them........... :twisted:

The government tells us things are getting better .......Bull Shit....... I have no idea what never , never land they are living in but it is not the one I live in. They sure as hell are not living in the same world that I am............

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
chuck i feel your pain me and wife went to the store the other day had 3 or 4 bags was $ 150.00?? :( :evil: we didn,t have anyhting either i could have packed it all in 1 bag. dont worry though your president notice i said your president :roll: :lol: because i didn,t vote for him he is like the group alabama sings about mr rosevelt he,s gona save us all? :shock: :roll: