Time fer REAL men to speak up! | SouthernPaddler.com

Time fer REAL men to speak up!

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Retrosexual

OK folks, I have had it. I've taken all I can stand and I can't stand no more. Every time my TV is on, all that can be seen is effeminate men redecorating houses and talking about foreign concepts like "style". Real men of the world, stand up, scratch your butt, belch, and yell "ENOUGH!" I hereby announce the start of a new offensive in the culture wars, the Retrosexual movement.

The Code.......

A Retrosexual, no matter what the women insists, PAYS FOR THE DAMN DATE.

A Retrosexual opens doors for a lady. Even for the ones that fit that term only because they are female.

A Retrosexual DEALS with shit. Be it a flat tire, break-in into your home, or a natural disaster, you DEAL WITH IT.

A Retrosexual not only eats red meat, he often kills it himself.

A Retrosexual doesn't worry about living to be 90. It's not how long you live, but how well. If you're 90 years old and still smoking cigars and drinking, I salute you.

A Retrosexual does not use more hair or skin products than a woman. Women have several supermarket aisles of stuff. Retrosexuals need an end cap (possibly 2 end caps if you include shaving goods.)

A Retrosexual does not dress in clothes from Hot Topic when he's 30 years old.

A Retrosexual should know how to properly kill stuff (or people) if need be. This falls under the "dealing with shit" portion of The Code.

A Retrosexual watches no TV show with "Queer" in the title.

A Retrosexual does not let neighbors screw up rooms in his house on national TV.

A Retrosexual should not give up excessive amounts of manliness for women. Some is inevitable, but major re-invention of yourself will only lead to you becoming a froo-froo little puss, and in the long run, she ain't worth it.

A Retrosexual is allowed to seek professional help for major mental stress such as drug/alcohol addiction, death of your entire family in a freak tree chipper accident, favorite sports team being moved to a different city etc. You are NOT allowed to see a shrink because Daddy didn't pay you enough attention. Daddy was busy DEALING WITH IT. When you screwed up, he DEALT with you.

A Retrosexual will have at least one outfit in his wardrobe designed to conceal himself from prey.

A Retrosexual knows how to tie a Windsor knot when wearing a tie.

A Retrosexual should have at least one good wound he can brag about getting.

A Retrosexual knows how to use a basic set of tools. If you can't hammer a nail, or drill a straight hole, practice in secret until you can or be rightfully ridiculed for the wuss you be.

A Retrosexual gives a lady his seat on the bus/subway/etc.

A Retrosexual knows that owning a gun is not a sign that your are riddled with fear, guns are TOOLS and are often essential to DEAL WITH IT. Plus it's just damned fun to shoot.

Crying...........

There are very few reason that a retrosexual may cry, and none of them have to do with TV commercials, movies, or soap operas. Sports teams are sometimes a reason to cry, but the preferred method of release is swearing or throwing the remote control. Some reasons a retrosexual can cry include ( but are not limited to) death of a loved one, death of a pet ( fish do NOT count as pets in this case), loss of a major body part.

A retrosexual man's favorite movie isn't "Maid in Manhattan" (unless that refers to some foxy french maid sitting in a huge tub of brandy or whiskey), or "Divine secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood". Acceptable ones may include any of the Dirty Harry or Nameless drifter movies (Clint in his better days), Rambo I or II, the Dirty Dozen, The Godfather trilogy, Scarface, The Road Warrior, The Die Hard series, Caddy shack, Rocky I, II, or III, Full Metal Jacket, any James Bond Movie, Raging Bull, Bullitt, any Bruce Lee movie, Apocalypse Now, Goodfellas, Reservoir Dogs, or Fight Club.

When a retrosexual is on a crowded bus and or a commuter train, and a pregnant woman, hell, any woman gets on, that retrosexual stands up and offers his seat to that woman, then looks around at the other so called men still in their seats with a disgusted "you punks" look on his face.

A retrosexual knows how to say the Pledge properly, and with the correct emphasis and pronunciation. He also knows the words to the Star Spangled Banner.

A retrosexual will have hobbies and habits his wife and mother do not understand, but that are essential to his manliness, in that they offset the acceptable manliness decline he suffers when married/engaged in a serious healthy relationship. I.E. hunting, boxing, shot putting, shooting, car maintenance.

A retrosexual knows how to sharpen his own knives and kitchen utensils.

A Retrosexual man can drive in snow (hell, a blizzard) without sliding all over or driving under 20mph.

A retrosexual man can chop down a tree and make it land where he wants. Where ever it lands is where he wanted it to land.

A retrosexual will give up his seat on a bus to not only any women but any elderly person or person in military dress (except officers above
2nd LT.) NOTE: The person in military dress may turn down the offer but the retrosexual man will ALWAYS make the offer to them and thank them for serving their country.

A retrosexual man doesn't need a contract, a handshake is good enough. He will always stand by his word even if circumstances change or the other person deceived him.

A retrosexual man doesn't immediately look to sue someone when he does something stupid and hurts himself. We understand that sometimes in the process doing things we get hurt and we just DEAL WITH IT.

With guns, we are citizens. Without them, we are subjects.

"Life is hard if you are stupid...." Sgt Styker,"Sands of Iwo Jima"
swampy

Lurker

Dec 6, 2003
Sun City, Arizona
Swampy,

My grit-eating girl wouldn’t have it any other way, although I do need to remind her of that from time to time. :lol:

Lurker

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Bill, ya musta have maried after she was 14 years old...
KT's uncle once told me," I married Irene when she was 14 year old. Recon if there's anything wrong with her it's my fault. I jest didn't train her right."
Now women's lib or not that man had a fine funny bone in him. He's gone on to glory, but his bride thinks of him everyday for years.
Yep! Sometimes a man has got to do what a man has to do.
swampy

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Yep!

Swamp, Been living your real man code of ethics since birth, Pappy and Grandpappy raised me that way. Wife expects me to continue that code and smack the boy's when they don't live up to that code no matter how old they are. All this touchy feely stuff makes me sick, your right, "Deal with it!" I've had it with political correctness, wife even got me the T-shirt,
"I'm not politically correct." Wear it with pride.
Don't forget the movie, "Hang em High" with 'ol Clint, I also stand up and cheer when I see "The Patriot" with ol Mel. My boy's say that's you dad when 'ol Mel tells his boy's. "Take your shot and than reload for your brother!" We never seen Maid in Manhatten, Sleepless in Seattle or You've got Mail, the promos we're enough to get me and the boy's sick. The Mizzus watches those but don't expect us to get in touch with our feminine side, that ain't gonna happen. Thank's for your real man code of ethics Swampus, gonna hang 'em on the fridge so when me or the boy's go for a beer and meat sandwich, (not french water and watercress sandwich) while watching football or an old Eastwood movie we'll salute your real man code of ethics with pride! :D

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Swampy:
As a retired Chief Petty Officer and Nam (River Patrol Boats) vet I say amen. I don't recommend "Apocalypse Now" though. Definately not a realistic movie.
The star of Rambo made millions portraying a disturbed vet. I understand he spent the war years as a secuity guard at the American University of Switzerland. Go figure.
Rest of the list is fine. Been a politically incorrect Retro all my life and never thought about it.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
"Apocalypse Now" was an anti-thisis on the offericer's war over there. Being the renegade Col. he devised his own war and prosicution of it. A tad nuts, he eliminated all that opposed him, until he saw his own future as a duck of a diferent feather. Sheen, the assasin, was having his own bad hair day. Most actors "play" roles that in real life are extreme woosies. Gone are the Lee Marvins, Jimmy Stewards of yesteryears. Their roles however inspire. Off screen, nowadays, these actors have pampered lives and won't go near a war zone.
On board the USS Iwo Jima off SVNR, the crew of "Desert Rats" the series, visited us. One of the stars came over to my chopper and asked." Are these REAL michineguns?" His face turned flush when I answered him.
These people live in an un-real world. Let's face it, Rambo knocked off a truck with a rock and the targets exploded when shot... only Hollywood huh?
I'd recomend "Fire Base Gloria", "Full Metal Jacket", "Boys in Company C" for Nam flicks. The one about Ashau Valley with Charlie Sheen was ok too.
BB, you didn't know a Jeff Blake over there did you? A friend of mine.
swampy

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Delete from the list anything with Rambo or Bruce Willis. Forget anything with Burt Reynolds or left-wing Alex What'shisname and his gimpy brothers.

See "When Hell Was In Session" about (only some of the) true conditions at Hanoi Hilton. Similar to Andersonville and Auschwitz.

Stewart and Lancaster were there - AND, they were sincere gentlemen. McQueen was authentic.

Some of this is opinion; some is witness reprort.

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
SPARKY:

Jeff Blake doesn't sound familar. I was in RIVDIV 521 in I Corps.
Hue River, Vinh Loc, Tan My area and the Cua Viet River Oct 68-May 70.