Today is maybe global fat-bike day | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Today is maybe global fat-bike day

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Ummm, how do you wear out a bike helmet? Heavy thinking? ;-)

Took a spill and it saved my noggin , it got scratched up pretty good. Down time due to other medical items ( Non bike related ) over a year. Set asides for a while in the heat and humidity down here , got mildewed. Had it in the workshop with the other bikes . Recently when looking it over I made the decision to get another. Figured it was time to upgraded helmets then to try cleaning the old helmet and using it. These new helmets are a world of difference from the old ones especially in the weight of them , a lot lighter.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
After a helmet “works once”, it’s money well spent to get a new one. The way that a helmet protects our head is by being “frangible”. Meaning, it is supposed to absrb the shock by breaking apart. Like an egg, a helmet can break only once. Even though a head can be broken more than once, it isn’t a good idea.

What color did you get? Pink?

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Just like all of mine , Chartreuse with HOT Pink racing stripes , black chin straps and a Peacock feather trailing from the back of it. I only wear it when I wear the purple racing jersey that has flaming red stripes ( outlined with reflective Orange pin strips ) down each arm and up each side. The whole outfit goes quite well with the avocado racing shorts and florescent green shoes.

Chuck.............
Actually it's the same color as the bike ... White , cooler color here during the summer temperatures. They had a black with florescent colors of the rainbow along each side. To flashy and to heat absorbent.
I got the Giro Artex MIPS Helmet in white.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Some archeologists were digging around and found a artifact by Chief No Bull. It appeared to be from the same time period when Lewis and Clark were exploring the countryside. It's a record of someone called Jack that Chief No Bull buried.

It appears that this person named Jack was visiting a Indian tribe about the same time Lewis & Clark were taking a walk across America.

The Indians grew quite fond of Jack and one day the chief decided he should have an Indian Name. The chief gathered the tribe and all of the braves suggested different names. For some reason "Walking Eagle prevailed by the greater majority of braves.

They brought Jack into the tribal gathering and the chief told him of his new name.

Jack was really honored and grateful for his new name but started thinking about it. He asked the chief why Walking Eagle ?
Jack explained that Eagles are majestic birds of prey and normally seen high in the sky flying around and besides no brave was named flying eagle.

The chief agreed with Jack but told him the reason for Walking Eagle is that he is to full of sh&* to fly and has to walk. :rolleyes: