Tomato Salad Italian Style | SouthernPaddler.com

Tomato Salad Italian Style

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
After being away from home for a long spell. I came home to alot of my home grown tomatos. First order was to make a tomato salad like my Grandmother made when I was a tadpoleand beyond.

*Garden tomatos, cut into 1 " chunks.
*Very thinly sliced onion, Vidalia is excellent
*Fresh garlic, mashed almost into a paste
*Ground oregeno
*Fresh chopped basil
*Couple pinches of sea salt
*Good olive oil

Toss all of this in a covered bowl and set into Fridge for a couple of hours.

Now, when you pull this out of the fridge, you have some options if you would like. You can toss in some artichoke hearts, sliced black or green kalamata olives, sliced julianne style mozzerlla cheese and salami.

Get yourself some good Italian bread, a glass of red. Sit down to your salad, break off chunks of that bread and dip into that great juice the salad makes, devour the salad, chase it down with the Italian red!

Grandma: "Chiudere su e mangiare! Immergere il pane nei pomodori. Bere il vino per la sua saute piacere!"
(Shut up and eat! Dip your bread into the tomatos. Drink wine for your health and enjoy!) :wink:

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Sorry Chuck :( #1 son was here for that, seen more eddykit with slopping hogs. Stick your hand in front of that boys face and your pulling back a stub........

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Kahuna,
As Grandfather would say: "Gli amici bouni, il cibi bouni ed il vino, i tempi buoni , la vita e' breve!"

(Good friends, good food and wine, good times, life is short.)) That old guy taught me alot about life.