Took a couple of the Lobster tails ...... | SouthernPaddler.com

Took a couple of the Lobster tails ......

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Tried something new tonight........

Took a couple of the Lobster tails ( Wild Maine Lobster ) and some Florida ( Ex Large ) shrimp and did them on the grill. The Lobster tails were cooked in the shell and the shrimp were cleaned and secured (impaled) on little pieces of wet bamboo then placed on the grill.

Melted some old fashion ( real ) butter with lemon juice and garlic in it to drizzle over them and later to dip them in. On the side some tater salad and coleslaw ......

It made me come to the conclusion that Florida needs to be next to Maine so when a person is out camping they could do the same over a campfire , some good chow. :D

Since Maine is not near Florida I think the best substitute for the Lobster would be some of our Rock Shrimp , they taste just like those Maine lobsters and the rock shrimp are native to this area ......... Easy to get if you have a net that will drag the bottom , in some really deep water behind a large boat way off shore. :roll: "O" Well I will catch the Rock Shrimp with a silver net , Coin of the realm.$$$$

Chuck.
PS. I do cook shrimp and scallops on some of the camping trips for myself and the guys on the 1st night in the campsite.........

islandpiper

Chuck, our experiences shape and guide us. As a friend of yours please take this bit of advice. YOU DON'T WANT MAINE OR THE MANIACS NEXT DOOR. Long story....the eventual conclusion, based on several years living in and near New England, was stated in all caps, above. Trust me.

Have their lobsters flown in.....on the condition that the folks of Maine stay off the airplanes.
Piper

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
islandpiper said:
Chuck, our experiences shape and guide us. As a friend of yours please take this bit of advice. YOU DON'T WANT MAINE OR THE MANIACS NEXT DOOR. Long story....the eventual conclusion, based on several years living in and near New England, was stated in all caps, above. Trust me.

Have their lobsters flown in.....on the condition that the folks of Maine stay off the airplanes.
Piper

Being born in Maine, I have to take exception to Pipers remarks. All of us Mainiacs are the finest kind. :roll:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Piper.....

If you will recall the old story about the Cajuns ( Arcadian's ) , When they lived up there in no mans land and were evicted , they moved , migrated to Louisiana.

As the story goes the Lobsters missed them so they migrated from up there to the Gulf Area , down the eastern seaboard , around Florida and into the bayous of Louisiana. During that migration they lost a lot of weight and size but being true to the Arcadian's they made the trip.

That is why we have Crawdads , Mud Puppies or what ever you want to call them. I think an off shoot of that migration stayed off the coast of Florida to become Rock Shrimp , they are miniature Lobsters , in looks and in taste.

As far as the two footed ones , I guess you are correct , the smart ones eventually moved down here. Well anyway the one who makes some really nice canoes and kayaks. Name withheld to protect the GUILTY. :wink:

Looks to me like he followed the Crawdads down to your area and probably for the easy way of life and all the good food. :D