Touring Piroque TV Started | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

Touring Piroque TV Started

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
Hi Chucky & Jack
Are you talkin to Mac again. We figure you been campin in your back yard thats why it has been rainin so long.
And yep I did raise the height of the decks about 4.5 inches. I wanted a little more packin in room. I dont think it will hurt the wind sigature much. L
I didnt change the gunnel any but I bet if I work at it I could get 2 5 pounders in the front or a torpedo tube on each side. Yep I plan on cutting hatches in both ends for dry storage.
Bear: It is just more reason to think Chuck is or has been campin some where here in the state.
Joe

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
bearridge said:
They had ta land the Space Shuttleboard in California instead of the Sunshine State. Anyone wanna guess why? [chuckle]
NASA couldn't get Chuck to go to Georgia so's the sky would clear long enough to land the space machine?

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
Lousy weather does only one thing for me. LETS ME WORK ON MY BOAT so I did get some done this week.
[/img]
100_1676.jpg

This the inside of the bow section. This will be covered with a deck
[/img]
100_1682.jpg

The rear deck is on and I did get it welded in place. Had some diffeculty getting the sides to align correctly so I had to improvise with my knifes to hold them in place.
100_1684.jpg

This would be the inside of the cockpit area. It still needs another coat of epoxy.

100_1683.jpg

This is the indide of the cooler area, I think it is finished I just have to put the boarder around the outside and the bulkheads.

I will be working on the front deck today. Looks like more rain which in this business means not much for folks on the river.
Not everyone is used to paddling with Chuck :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Iwill get more pics as I can.
Joe

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
Well still have bad weather so I am still getting time to work on the boat. Here is some of the last day or so.
100_1689.jpg

Starting to put the front deck on .Here is the bow end .
100_1691.jpg

I did put 1 layer of 6 oz. glass on the inside seam. Just for strength.
100_1695.jpg

100_1697.jpg

This I did before setting the top deck I asked Val if she would do it from the inside with a flashlight I thought she was gonna fall for it till she asked. How am I gonna get back out.
I told her I plan on cuttin hatches in the deck. It will only be a couple days.
No dice!!!!
100_1692.jpg

The top deck is on I used finish nails in the side of the wood to support it till the fillet cures.
100_1700.jpg

100_1694.jpg

100_1699.jpg

So here is a pic of the total boat so far
100_1698.jpg

Well I will just have to see what the weather brings for tomarrow. May be it will be rainy and I can get more done.
Chucky let me know if I am puttin tooo many pics on here.
Joe

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Joe
When you cut your hatches make sure there at least 20 inches long,sure helps with loading long stuff ,paddles tents and the like.
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Joe....

No problem with the pictures , some of us never lernt to read that guud so pictures help a lot. :lol:

I know you know what you are doing but I just can't get use to that high of a deck on a boat. If you pack it at it's max when paddling and camping you will have everything in there including your truck. "O"oop's one thing missing .... VAL but she was smart enough not to crawl up in there to help you. If she would of , I would not want to be in Florida or any state surrounding it when she got out and I think New Jersey might of been to close for you to hide in. :wink:

I have to ask this ... When your ice chest is in the boat is the top of it at the same height as the decking ????? If it is then I am following your thought , after remembering the picture of Ron in his TV.

brazo%20011.jpg

Chuckles...........
PS. If the nails get stuck in the epoxy put a soldering iron to the end of them for a sec or two and then when warm pull them out , use pliers when doing that. :roll:

Lazyriverguy

Nov 9, 2006
Eureka,Florida
Hi Ron Hello Mr. Chucky
Ron The rear hatch will be 21 inches and the front will about 35. I planned on taken the hatch down over the tumble home addition the I have on it about 2.5 inches. this will give me plenty of open area to put my larger gear in. And it will also the front one any way Will be large enough my grandaughter will be able to sit in the hatch hole. I plan on reenforcing around the hole for the seal so I figure she can ride in it without the lid on. I am building her her own seat like the one chuck designed. I will just be making it small enough for her.

Chuck
The deck hieght is about 1.5 inches lower the the top of my cooler. I figure if nothin else if my legs need a strech I can sit on the cooler and paddle fer awhile. I am also creating a lid for that area so I can use it for a live well if I ain't got my cooler in the hole.
Joe ( I STILL LIKE BIG BOATS)