Traders Hill on the weekend . F#*k that...(*&@$^^%$ | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Traders Hill on the weekend . F#*k that...(*&@$^^%$

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Lazyriverguy said:
Chuckels
Thanks fer the directions. I gots me a question. In the morning of the leavin to the river where we puttin in the water from Steve's. Miss Valerie is gettin pretty demainding that I be a goin with you fellers. She thinks it would be good fer her/me to have me get awway.
Joe

YEP... The folks show up Sunday and we camp , swap true tails and in the morning .. load up and Steve drops us off at the put in ( about 20 miles south from his place). The trip on the river is 21 miles. :D
Should be on the river by mid morning that Monday. This way we stand a good shot of setting up camp around noon or 1.
Especially since we have to use to paddling and can't rush that training or spraining any mussels for the rest of the trip.

You can tell your lovely bride that she will owe all of dearly for taking you off her hands for a week. I mean we would not do that ... just for anyone ... For her ( reasons) we can understand it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Folks this BS is nothing like we do on the river or in camp ... Trust me on that , it is a lot deeper in camp , especially after supper and sitting , (sipping a beverage ) around the campfire. IT .. GETS DEEP THEM.

Chuck.......
I have an idea of what is going on ... Joe. Sharon has been hinting that I need to get up there two weeks early to check things out and make the river run ... just to make sure everything is OK. :roll:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Lazyriverguy said:
Gonna have to be more careful of what she see's

A body has to watch out for the Gals and what they see on here...... Sometimes they just don't' understand it and then it is always taken the wrong way. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The best way to do it is like this.............

LADIES , ESPECIALLY WIVES , DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS.

The best thing to do is to make them think it was there idea and you did not like it at the time when you bring the idea back up.

Honey remember last week we were talking about me going camping and you thought it was a good idea and suggested I go and I was not in favor of it by me being away from you and not here. :roll:
(They have a short term memory , especially when listing to there husband and watching TV at the same time so there is no recollection of anything said last week.) . :? Then you will have ... What are you talking about .... Case WON... No need for a JURY. So then you go with the ....

I starting to think you are correct and I'm wrong in my thoughts , I want to thank you for making me think about doing that and you are correct. I did not look at the overall picture and now I understand what you were trying to tell me.

Honey , I am not trying to get away from you , That is the last thing I would ever think of doing , never , in a million years if it was just up to me but you are correct , this is something I have to do. It would be so nice for me if you could come with me but it is a guy's only as I explained last week when we talked about it.

Unfortunately , as much as I do not like the idea ..( They have forced me into doing it if I accept. ) ... I will have to spend some time with the guys , do a little paddling and I will really miss you not being there with me. ( A little quiver in the lips or a slight tear at this time does wonders) :wink:

You will always be on my mind , every minute of the trip while I'm with those nasty guy's and I'll be wishing I was here at home with you all of the time I'm gone. :roll: :wink: :p

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
O Master of Flow Bizness,

Quit diggin'. :roll:

regards
bearridge

Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything. Joseph Stalin

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
I jest printed it out.

Never kin tell when I mite run low on sippin' whiskey 'er need someone ta cook me up a big pot of vittles, like hot dogs 'n beans with hot dog buns 'n some Gold Dollar mustard.

I mite even end up with one of them homemade boats hiz boss sez iz takin' up space she oughta be usin' ta store stuff....on sale stuff. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Ha ha ha .... Bear

You just wasted some printer ink and paper. She is the one that keeps asking me if I'm going anywhere and if I respond with the " Not right now" then she has suggestions ( in a friendly way ) on where I can go. :lol:

Sometimes it even involves a river or camping. There is nothing greater then being married. :roll:

Chuck.

Nockatee

Nov 21, 2008
Tryon, NC
Any where...

Seems that folks of that sort have no borders.
We took an early morning paddle down a stretch of the Kennebeck last year. The first stretch was great with the early morning sun and the rising mist off the river. But then we rounded one bend and there the riverbank was littered with and by people who had been"camping,,aka partying".
One gal was out beside a tent blowing chunks as we passed as well as a couple of passed out dudes down by water's edge. Trash, cans, and music blaring from a boombox. That sure spoiled the moment.
Most of those folks came from the "Bay State" and the Mainers usually referred to them as "S.O.B.'s...South of the Borders" or even better...."Massholes" (apologies to any folks from Mass).
According to the local paper, it was a busy weekend for the DNR and Constables.
Glad to see you have better digs arranged for next week.
Doggonit, the St. Mary's is on my "list" and I'm too late to get in on this one. Maybe next time. Oh, I'm well behaved, just can't help the snoring so please don't doctor my tent pegs!. :wink: Have fun!
Nockatee.....working on my bucket list.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Re: Any where...

Nockatee said:
Doggonit, the St. Mary's is on my "list" and I'm too late to get in on this one. Maybe next time. Oh, I'm well behaved, just can't help the snoring so please don't doctor my tent pegs!. :wink: Have fun!
Nockatee.....working on my bucket list.

Don't worry about the snoring , most of us have camped with Kayak Jack so we are use to those reverberation's bouncing off the trees and anything in shouting range.
Camping to the side of him when he has his tent is the best , the open ends of the tent tend to magnify the sound even more.

Chuckles.