Trench latrines, cat holes, WAG bags, or Poop Tubes..... | SouthernPaddler.com

Trench latrines, cat holes, WAG bags, or Poop Tubes.....

Deer Slayer

Sep 4, 2006
yep, some of the rivers that we run require us to pack out our post processed meals......your thoughts on this subject???

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
There's a balance. If I camp in areas that experience heavy use, there had better be toilets of some kind. I use them. (Primarily, get there early in the year - BEFORE Memorial Day. Johns are still clean, lots of firewood, bugs are dead, and kids are in school.) Otherwise, I agree with the animal theory. Bury it.

Chuckie has another theory that I like, and use. When you set up camp, piddle in spots around it to tell the animals it's YOUR territory. And, put a bit high on a tree, say, chest high. They figure that anything that can wet a tree that high - they don't wanna mess around with.

Chuck did advise me that this last operation is easier if you use a cup. So, I did. He kinda grimaced over his coffee that evening. :roll:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Darn... That explains the faint Scotch tatse in my coffee that evening , the truth alwyas comes out over time. :lol:

Yep... Jack is saying it like it is , I do mark my area around the tent or hammock and it does keep the critters away , well the four footed ones ... anyway. (My snoring keeps the two legged ones away) :D

Out camping when we set up the *Commodores chair it is a good distance from the water , usually on a ridge or rise so there is a good view while contemplating the problems of this world. The depository under the chair for the recycled meals is dug deep and is always filled in and covered when we leave a campsite.

* The Commodores Chair... Is a chair the Commodore ( Harry) made from a folding lawn chair with the seat modified with a large ventilation/depository hole in the center of it. He used the lower portion of the same item you should have in your bathroom or outhouse. The chair is also equipped with a optional book rack on one side for those long term thinkers to have something to do. Most of the time it is not there.
The music roll (TP) is normally keep in a large Folgers Coffee container to keep any moisture (rain/dew) off of it and placed next to the chair.

Chuck.