Tri To Go ............ | SouthernPaddler.com

Tri To Go ............

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Playing around on the web I located something from the Reliance Group that should offer a lot of comfort out in the woods.
It is just what the Doctor ordered for the ones of us that have trouble getting in a upright position after squatting for a period of time. It is also nice for those who like to roost on a log or hug a tree with one hand. :wink:

They call it the Tri To Go and I think they are referring to the tri ( three sets of legs ) legs on it and later if you have to go it is there for you , not that you need to roost on it and try to go , even if that might be the case. :lol:

It's one piece of camping gear that serves two purposes , as a seat and if needed then as a camping potty for when Nature calls and you are in the woods.

Here is a youtube on it , they suggest using a bag but in the woods ...... forget attaching the cover like they do for the bags support and just dig a deep hole instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emLWaFCZx-w

All sorts of prices on it over the web and Campmore has the lowest at $24.99 ........
http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___81034
81034_gre.jpg

Yep..... I got one , at that price and since it will do double duty as a camp stool and as a potty why not. It will stay in the Jeep so when I go camping or out Jeep trailing in the woods it will be with me. Besides at 4.5 x 4.5 x 24 inches and 4 pounds it is light enough and compact plus it has a support weight of 250 pounds.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
hairymick01 said:
Geez Chuck, That's a beauty! I like that one a lot mate.

A bush thunder chair :mrgreen:

Me to , that's why I got one. :D As a ( old time , fishing , camping & hunting ) buddy of mine , would say not very gracefully and not caring who was around .......... " That is slicker then Owl snot." I have no idea how slick that is but it has to be really slick since he only would say that about something really good. :lol:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Here's another, from a bit different approach. http://www.boundarywaterscatalog.com/ro ... tool-19825

"A folding chair is worth it's weight on any canoe trip. This one is a favorite because it's light weight, sturdy and it packs flat. The thick aluminum legs won't sink into the ground or rust."
Carry strap included.
12" x 13" seat. Seat is 15" high.
Dimensions: 29" x 15" x 12"
Weight: 3.35 lbs Weight Limit: 220 lbs

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Actually you might be better off with the Helinox Chair if you are only after a chair........ It packs up in a nice small bundle , opens up into a chair they say is as comfortable as a hammock and only weighs 2 pounds and will take 320 pounds.

Here is what they have to say.
The Perfect Camp Chair has arrived!

The ultimate camp chair has arrived. Featuring the same aluminum pole technology used in super tough Helinox trekking poles and tent poles, this camp chair is light, strong and comfortable. With a carrying case and breatheable mesh, this chair should never leave your pack or gear bin.

Packed size: 14" x4" x5"
Assembled dimensions: 26"h x21"w x20"d
Seat measurements: 13.5" from ground, 13.5" deep
Load capacity: 320lbs
Weight: 2lbs

http://www.boundarywaterscatalog.com/bi ... chair-1502

Here is a youtube video on it , 1:12 minutes long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R6vfZsCSpE

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Both the one Jack posted ( they have been around for ages and have had 2 in the workshop for ages . ) are nice if all you are after is something to sit on. The same with this last one I posted , the Helinox Chair.
The reason I like the tri-to-go is that it does double duty and at night I can put it close to the hammock and put my shoes and flashlight on it so if I have to get up my shoes and light are right there and up off the ground. Actually you might call it double duty since it also fills in as a night stand.
My old chair worked as a chair and night stand and that was all. :(

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
... And a cup holder, microwave, and a coffee pot? :|

Heck ..... Harry had a chair made up as a potty and it had a cup holder including a magazine rack on one side. The microwave was at home but the coffee was perking on the table back in camp.
He took an old folding lawn chair and modified it as a potty for camping and even left the arm rests. We really roughed it on the trips when Harry and Ray were along. :D

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Dapper Al Dasen does the same for us here. I go to the hardware and buy portable holes to take along and place under it. Just open the package, unfold the hole (handle it carefully so you don't tear it), and lay it in the ground. No shovel required!

(Someone else's turn now.)

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Seriously, (yes, Virginia, I can be serious!) there are two things that I always miss about the second day in camp - a hot shower and a cold beer. Beer is doable, but heavy. And no solar shower has ever cut it for me. Frankly, they suck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
And no solar shower has ever cut it for me. Frankly, they suck.

Jack the showers are pretty nice but 1st you need to find sunlight , hint the name .. " Solar Showers " and if you want to put some water in the bag for a normal shower while you have your solar shower. :wink:

I have to agree the solar shower is not that good but it is better then nothing. Any one who was in the Navy and has taken a shower aboard a ship knows how to take a Solar Shower. Get wet , shut off the water , soap up , turn water on and rinse off , shut off the water.
For longer bathing just take a dip in the river is a lot simpler and fun.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Frankly - I'd rather stay dirty. Toy showers don't interest me.

Don't mind Jack folks , he has a birthday coming up real soon and he always gets a little GRUMPY around that time of the year.

As far as him staying dirty , that might be the case since I can not recall him taking a shower . bath or a dip in any river when camping with me. Hack the only one that did take a bath that time while camping in the 10,000 islands ( Picnic key ) was Oldyaker and as he was getting out of the water as a Hammerhead Shark came swimming by. A minute later and it could of been said that bathing while camping could be dangerous to ones health and body parts.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Mick......
This is what we call a Solar Shower , it is normally a Black bag so it absorbs the suns rays and warms up while it hangs in the sun.

IMGP1957.jpg

I agree with you there is NO Reason anyone has to be dirty , there is always some water to bath in , especially when you canoe and camp. :roll:

Out camping I found a great outfit to wear. With the slacks the pant legs zip off and become shorts. The sorts have a mesh lining in them that act like underwear the same as in a good pair of swimming suits. You get wet and in 5 minutes you are dry. Combine them with a supplex nylon long sleeve shirt for a lot of UV Protection and you can hop in a river , wash yourself and clothing at the same time , get out and before you know it you are dry.
Just remember to take everything out of your pockets if anything is in them. :roll:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Oh, thanks fellas. I know full well how to take a sponge bath in water I've warmed up. Two containers: one for warm, soapy water; and the other one for warmed rinse water to be poured (judiciously) over soapy areas.
In practice, using baby wipes (fortified with a bit extra rubbing alcohol) scrubs off sweaty dirt and grime in fine fashion. Middle of the back is handled with a backscratcher and a baby wipe. This is simply an option# 4. :wink:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com

Attention , Attention......News Flash !!!!!!! Get the latest here...........

Kayak Jack comes clean.

After a lot of debating and discussing the various types of baths in this world.
As unusual as it sounds today in Lansing , Michigan , Kayak Jack a well known canoer , kayaker and camper along with being a flyer ( pilot ) in the air ways of our great nation admitted he does take baths in spit. He only takes a spit bath after he has ran out of Baby Wipes and especially the lanolin ones with the mild scent to them.

On the honest side and not picking on Jack , One place that is famous for the spit baths is the Hospital , especially after surgery because they do not want you to take a full shower and get the incision and bandages wet. One wash basin , some soap , a couple of wash cloths and a towel and you are set , Oooop's almost forgot the privacy curtain that you pull closed.

Jack.....
To be honest one of my favorite things for a quick clean up are the baby wipes. They are refreshing and the lanolin in them is really nice if you are supporting a light sunburn. They are also real nice for the job they were designed for and take up a lot less space when packed then toilet paper does. Heck they even make a handy refreshing hand and face wipe. :D